Prologue: Securing the Future

The Reach

"Ambassador, the message has been sent." The female Reach scientist says, looking at the machine that will ensure our victory over earth. Our trait mark green skin is glowing in the lighting from the room. She looks up, her mouth covered with a sheet of plastic as per usual of scientists with a flat, nose less face. It is bizarre that the humans have such features as noses, they are almost useless.

"Good. They will secure the human and our plan will propel forward. Blue Beetle will be guaranteed to be put on mode in the past. Thus fulfilling our time line, ending with us as the victors." I overlook the conquered planet. Ash and dust are falling gently as snow as the slaves move supplies aboard ships. Those ships will find new worlds to conquer. With Earth, we have gain so much supplies and necessities to further our conquering of the universe.

"But what of Red Beetle? I understand the completion of putting Blue Beetle on mode in the past, but we have yet to secure Red Beetle on mode completion in the past."

"Tell me," I speak to the scientist, still overlooking a destroyed and conquered world. "What allowed the Blue Beetle to escape our grasp? To become off mode the first time?"

"His many allies brought assistance to him. Zatanna used her magic while the other member's of a younger team of Superheroes brought Blue Beetle and restrained him. Then they all turned him off mode."

"Yes, his allies. Exactly."

I push the contact button on the ship, and turn around, knowing the contacted will be quick.

"Tell me Red Beetle. If we isolate your host, Remy, will we guarantee getting her on mode and thus getting Blue Beetle on mode in the past."

The hulking red figure stands in the shadows. The muscular body is imitating and frightening. Most can hardly tell that the host is a human female.

"Yes. No allies, no help. Guarantee on mode completion." The feminine voice has been replaced with a deep throaty croak.

I smile, overlooking our soon to be secure future.

"Do you understand now scientist?"