Chapter 25 - Sea breeze

-Artemis

The stars light up the sky with their light from millions of lightyears away. The moon is beautiful, reflecting off of the water as Kaldur and I step in.

We swim out to a cropping of rock far away from the shore. I'm tired once I get there, but Kaldur is doing just fine. He lifts me onto the rock gracefully. I swish my legs through the water and gaze at the heavens above us.

When I look back down, I find him staring at me. His dark skin is wet but sparkles from the little light the moon gives off.

"What are you staring at," I ask teasingly.

"A beautiful girl." He answers in his smooth voice. I lean forward and kiss his lips. It's a wet kiss, and it tastes amazing.

Gently I push myself off the rock and into the water. Kaldur wraps his arms around me while my fingers trace is dark tattoos.

"Show me." I whisper, and he understands what I mean.

His tattoos glow, giving off a soft blue light. I trace them softly, going from his back to his hands. Then, my fingers entangle in his. He bends down and kisses my hand, then looks up at me with those pale green eyes.

"I love you." I say. The announcement goes off into the night.

"I love you, Artemis." He says back. And we kissing again.

That's when an annoying beeping sound goes off. Kaldur on gives me an apologetic look before pulling out a communication device off of his belt. It must be water proof.

Kaldur speaks into it quickly, then snaps the phone shut and looks at me.

"Superboy just told me that Joker, Poison Ivy and the Terror twins are causing trouble in Gotham."

I groan, annoyed. "Just my luck," I mutter.

"That's odd though, since when do Joker and Poison Ivy work with the Terror Twins?" Kaldur questions.

I think about it too. "Something's going on. They must have a deal or something."

"Possible." Kaldur muses for a moment, before taking my hand.

We swim back to shore, and we manage to sneak a few kisses in between.

***

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, it's been crazy later. The next chapter will be intense though, I promise.

Keep Rocking On!

-RoseandPaper