Chapter 6 - Official

Jaime

"I did it! Black Canary and Batman think I'm good enough, so I'm officially on the team!" Red Beetle bursts into the lounge, a smile plastered on her face. Her light brown hair tossed around her head. It seems to be even choppier and more untamed then before.

The Red Beetle triggers biochemical changes to your system. I would avoid the Red Beetle at all causes.

"Callate," I grumble under my breath. No one, thankfully, notices.

"Congratulations!" M'gann says, wrapping Remy up in a hug.

"I knew you would make it," Cassie says, punching Remy's shoulder lightly.

"Good job Kid," Superboy says, cracking a smile.

Remy looks up at me, her smile big and her eyes bright.

"Felicitaciones, chica."

She tilts her head slightly, her eyes unfocused as she listens. I'm the only one in the room that knows she's listening to her Scarab translate my Spanish.

She grins as she comes back to us.

"Thanks guys. Really, you're awesome! But you know, we're missing something..." She trails off mysteriously.

"Missing something?" Cassie asks, confused.

"Yeah. Ice cream!" Remy says, eyes dancing with excitement. "There is no such thing as a celebration without ice cream."

A red streaks rushes into the room. Bart appears in the middle of this little group.

"I heard someone say Ice cream." He says, beaming with wild red hair.

"Wait, I don't even know if we have any." M'gann starts, looking over all of us. "You should be resting Remy."

"My shoulder's feeling pretty good. Besides, I really need ice cream!" Remy pleads. Her cute face open and innocent.

"I'm with Red here. Ice cream sounds totally crash right now." Bart gives M'gann puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but you have to lay down after this Remy."

"Got it Momma M." M'gann scowls at the name, but as soon as Remy turns, M'gann smiles faintly. Remy looks up at me, smiling too, because she knows M'gann likes the name.

M'gann looks through the freezer and telekinetically moves two bins of ice cream out and onto the counter.

Winds rushes by us and Bart has a spoon in his hand. He takes the lid of a vanilla container and is about to dig in when M'gann slaps his hand away.

"Bart, you can wait for a bowl." M'gann scolds. Connor smiles faintly, gazing at his lover fondly.

Conner isn't the most touchy feely kind nor gentle of person, but he does love M'gann. He really cares for her.

Will I ever love someone like that?

My eyes move over to Remy as she gets ice cream delivered to her bowl. Mint chocolate chip. She suits down, and stands in a plain gray V-neck t-shirt with dark jeans. Remy's not much for the fancy clothes and jewerly. She's very tomboyish from what I can see.

"They are friends." Remy says to herself, clearly annoyed.

She notices my staring and beckons for me.