Chapter 24 - Needing

-Jaime

The last room I check is where I find Remy. She's just standing there in dark jeans and a gray t-shirt. Her dark hair falls down her back like a black chaotic waterfall. She stares up at the hologram.

My footsteps echo across the room as I move to her side. We both stare up at the hologram of the original Red Beetle. Her suit is identical to Remy's. She stands tall and proud.

"My Scarab has been helping me remember things. I feel like I'm closed to remembering when I actually got Khori Ja, but all I know is my years of being Red Beetle. I've been alone, I had an apartment in Brooklyn and worked a part time job. I don't know if I have a family."

She pauses, breathing in deeply.

"And I never even got to meet Sara Butters. There is so much I don't know, the past and the future. I hate not being able to do anything but sit and wait. I hate that I can't hang out with my best friend anymore. I hate that I'm not in control."

I slip my hand into hers and she finally looks at me.

"Remy, I'm here for you. No matter what, I'm here for you. You're not alone." I reassure her.

Remy smiles, and squeezes my hand once.

"I know."

I envelope her in a hug. It just felt naturel. She rests her head on my chest, and now I love her shortness more than ever. Her arms are wrapped around me, and I feel warm and safe. How is it when I'm trying to comfort her, she's the one comforting me?

"Jaime, I need you. I haven't realized this until now. I need you." She whispers into my shirt.

I hug her tighter.

"I need you too, Remy."

We pull apart but keep our hands on each other. Remy's move hers hand onto my chest. One hand over my heart. I wonder if she can feel it beating? My hand moves to the center of her back, right under her scarab, the other one cups the side of her face.

I lean down while Remy pushes herself up on her tippy toes. I can feel her heat, her warmth on my face. Our lips about to brush-

"JAIME! REMY! THERE'S AN EMERGENCY- Wait, are you guys making out?" Bart bursts into the room. Reflectively me and Remy away from each other. We're still touching each other, but our lips never did.

You've have got to be kidding me.

"BART, WHAT THE CRAP?" Remy yells. I was about to, but she beat me to it.

"Wait, we're you guys making out? Are you two finally together or what? Oh mode..." Bart trails off as he realizes what he was interrupting.

"We were going to until somebody interrupted us." I complain.

"Way to ruin the moment Bart," Remy glares, but it's more of a halfhearted tease then real anger. We move apart but her hand finds mine.

I look at our entwined hands. This is real. Remy is mine and I am hers. We just fit together perfectly.

"Sorry, about that, but we have a problem right now." Bart eyes are hand holding.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Joker, Poison Ivy and the Terror twins are stealing from Wayne Tech in Gotham. Batman is with the Justice League dealing with some aliens out in space or something so we need to get on that now."

I sigh, and Remy looks at me.

"I'm not happy either, but we can finish what we started later." Remy says with a playful look in her eyes.

"Ew, gross." Bart makes gagging sounds. I smile at Remy and together, we head for the mission room.

* * *

A/N

I bet so many of you are pissed at me right now. Sorry for being so evil. Anyways, I have a new book published, it's called the 73rd Hunger Games. If you're interested in Hunger Games, go check it out.

Keep Rocking On!

-RoseandPaper