Chapter 43 - Confused

—Jaime

I step out of the Zeta Tube and head to Remy's room. Knocking on her door, I wait. Once she's opens the door, I wrap my arms around her and my lips are against hers.

She stiffens up, and doesn't kiss or hug me back.

"Remy?" I ask, pulling away to look at her. "Is everything okay?"

She simply looks at me, no expressions on her face. Then, she smiles, and it's as if a predator has just trapped its prey.

"Jaime." Her voice is slippery and smooth. Not her usually cherry tone. "I need to talk to you. Not now, but later tonight. Can you meet back here at about nine?"

"Um, yeah, sure. But, why can't I talk to you now?" I ask, confused. She's still smiling that dangerous smile.

"She's busy." Dusk walks up behind Remy. "We have something to do and we don't need you getting in the way."

"Dusk? Wait, what are you guys doing?" I'm more confused than before, Dusk doesn't do anything with Remy beside guard her.

"Important things that don't involve you." Dusk snaps.

"What Dusk meant to say that we're going to tell you later tonight. Goodbye, Jaime."

I look at Remy, about to ask her what's going on, when she slams the door in my face.

I stare at the closed door as my mind races through what just happen. Remy didn't even kiss me back, and she was doing something important with Dusk.

Wait a minute, Remy called Dusk by her superhero name. She never calls Dusk by her superhero name. She only calls her Wanda.

What is wrong with Remy?

* * *

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm just getting everything set up for the next few chapters. Violent Storms are coming, hehehehe....

That may or may not be a reference.

—RoseandPaper