Chapter 14 - Precaution

Remy

Personage detect eleven feet away.

"Shut up." I groan. Still, I roll over in the bed and peer at Wanda looking through my closet. She holds up a shirt of mine, gazes at it for a moment then puts it back.

"What the crap, Wanda?" I moan. I'm still half asleep. Mostly because last night was full of memories thanks to the Scarab. The Scarab has incorporated my memories into my dreams now as to not disable me during the day. They are all about my month aboard the main Reach ship. Mostly tortures and sometimes foggy rests in between and Black Beetle convincing me to get on mode.

Why does he keep asking me to willingly go on mode? I don't understand why he doesn't just try to get me on mode himself. He could simple use his Scarab to enter my Scarab to try to turn me on mode. Yet, he doesn't.

I'm too tired to think about it.

"You are quite plain in your clothes department." Wanda states. "Nothing but t-shirts with jeans."

"Wanda, why the crap are you in my room? It's kind of creepy." I exasperate as I sit upright in my tangled gray blankets.

"I had to make sure you were still alive." She says, dead serious as she starts through my drawers on my desk. Her bright shade of blonde hair brushing her cheeks.

The Dusk is rather annoying. I recommend termination.

"I would like to agree to that, but I can't." I say wistfully.

Wanda shuts a draw and raises an eyebrow at me. Her intense, dark blue eyes are searching for the receiver of that reply.

"Holy crap," I groan. "Are you going to watch me twenty four seven or can I take a shower by myself?"

"You can. I will take one too."

"Hopefully not with me," I joke, standing up and stretching. I glance at her out of the corner of my eye. Crap. Not even a smile.

"Does it physically hurt you to smile?" I ask sarcastically as I pass her to the bathroom.

She just stares at me coldly. Her eyes starting to freeze me at the spot.

"Stay alert." She warns then exits my room.

I sigh. What a delightful bodyguard.

Enjoying the warmth of the shower helps calm me. I imagine the water washing away my memories. I should call them nightmares. I don't think of them anymore. Letting the water carry them far away from me.

When I get out, I pull on a gray V-neck t-shirt, and ripped up skinny jeans. Not really caring that my hairs still wet, I head to the kitchen.

I pause at Wanda's door, but still hear the shower going on. That girl must like her cleaning time.

Continuing on my way, I step into the kitchen and see Cassie with Robin.

It's late at night, the clock on the counter tells me its seven o'clock. I basically slept for the whole day. But Cassie is still here, and busy kissing Robin.

Robin is in his suit, his mask hiding his eyes, which are currently closed. His arms are wrapped around Cassie's waist, as he presses his body against hers. Cassie is totally focused on Robin's lips, with her hands are on his chest. Cassie eyes are closed so she can't see me. Robin's back is faced towards me.

I stand there for a moment more as they continue kissing. Crap, they don't look like they're going to be stopping anytime soon.

"Are you guys going to be done sucking face anytime soon, or...?" I speak loudly. Robin jumps and looks at me. Cassie laughs.