Chapter 50 - Wonder

-Remy

"Come on, M'evolo. We're bringing down the ship right now, and we need to hurry." I grab his arm, and drag him out into the hallway with me.

"Just call me Mev, and who's we?" He ask, letting me tow him down the hallway.

"Wonder Girl, Impulse, Blue Beelte and me." I feel him tense up at the mention of Blue.

"Blue's not on mode, don't worry." I feel him relax slightly at this. "I'd love to ask you a whole bunch of questions right now, Mev, but we have to take down the ship first. Can you help us?" I stop in the hallway, and face the green skinned boy.

"Of course, I hate the Reach. But I need to ask you something first." His brown eyes are staring into mine. The familiarly of them is itching at the back of my brain, but I don't have time to figure out why.

"How do you know Wanda?"

My eyes narrow at the mention of her name. "She betrayed me. She put me on mode, but Blue got me off mode. I thought she was my friend..." I stop. I hate that tears are filling my eyes.

He sucks in a sharp breath, "No, she couldn't have... Where is she?"

"Look, Mev, we don't have time for this. Destroy Reach ship now, answer questions later, okay?"

Just as I finish saying that, the room jerks and me and Mev hit the wall. We both get up and I activate my wings to fly through the air. I'm surprised to see Mev following on my tail, he's flying as well, his white cape trailing behind him.

As I watch him fly, I figure out he's a Martian, yet he has the last name Kent. How could an alien possible have that last name? And how does he know Wanda? She's from the future, and he's not.

I'm so confused, but I push my thoughts aside as another jolt hits the ship. Maybe Cassie found the Engine already?

Mev and I stumble upon the center control room, where Blue, Impulse and Wonder Girl are fighting off Black Beetle. Before I can hit Black Beetle with a cannon, he throws Impulse right into Mev and they hit the ground. He then blocks a scythe attack from Blue and fires a sonic cannon at Wonder Girl, throwing her into the wall.

I come down hard on Black Beetle, creating a battering ram and catching him in the jaw. He stumbles backwards and Blue dives for his legs, knocking him off balance.

Blue gets to my side, and I activate a plasma cannon, while he gets a sonic cannon ready. Black Beetle gets on his knees, glaring at us.

"This isn't possible. We secured the future. We got Red Beetle on mode." His croakily voice speaks.

"Then I got off mode. We're taking this ship down, and you're going with it." I say, feeling power race through my body while Blue stands beside me.

He yells in fury as he lunges at us. Both our cannons go off and plow him continually into the floor. The plasma and the sonic beams mixing to create an even powerful blast. Slowly it tears the armor off him, until the black Scarab turns into dust. We stop firing and stare at the regular Reach alien unconscious on the ground.

Blue and I stand there for a moment, then we lower our guns and look at each other.

"Black Beetle is gone," I tell him. Blue smiles at me. "We won't have to worry about him ever again."

"Hey, guys," Impulse interrupts, zipping to our side. "I hate to interrupt But, I think this is M'evolo. You know, like the M'evolo."