Chapter 36 - Guardian Angel

-Remy

I'm honestly surprised I wasn't broken right in half. Black Beetle just kept hitting me, over and over. Grounding my spine into the ground until blackness overtook my senses.

I was a little relieved, I knew death wouldn't be as painful as that. Too bad I hadn't died though.

We must bide our time, Remy Emerson. My sensors indicate that your allies are aboard the ship.

We can do that.

As of late, me and Khori Ja have been getting along very well. Of course we have lots of disagreements, but in the end, we care for each other. Right now, that is amazing to have. Even when I couldn't remember anything, I knew I cared about Khori Ja.

I'm back where I started, my arms and legs encased in metal, strung up in an X formation in a lab. An inhibiter collar decorates my neck. It actually pisses me off. How did Black Beetle get the jump on me? How was the Scarab unable to sense the reach ship's presence?

When the ground under my feet exploded during that kiss with Blue, I was letting off a string of swears in my head at Khori Ja. Turns out Tommy Terror decided to break up the make out session. He barely missed me by an inch, hitting the ground and sending me flying straight up in the air. The impact shot Jaime straight backwards and I lost sight of him behind a snowdrift.

I was lucky to be sent straight up, because it gave me plenty of time to pull my armor back on before hitting the ground. As soon as I did, I took off after Blue. He was lying down in the snow, not moving. My heart froze in my chest until I realized he was alright. When the bad guys started closing in, I covered Blue up in snow to keep him safe.

He was so scared, I remember that. He didn't want me to leave, but I had to. There is no way they're going Blue, not while I'm still alive. I will be his guardian angel.

Black Beetle walks in with deadly smile on his face.

"Little sister, I will offer you this only once. Let me put you on mode, and it will be painless."

Bull crap, I wanted to say, but my body hurts too much. Black Beetle really gave me a beating.

I only glare at him while I continue to breathe heavily.

He hits me in the gut, and the air is forced out of my lungs. I struggle for a moment. The pain and loss of air making me dizzy.

"Let me enter your Scarab, Red Beetle. It will be quick and painless." He breathes into my ear.

Why doesn't he just go ahead and enter my scarab anyways? He could simply use the tendrils to get me on mode, yet he doesn't. Why?

The secret. The secret that I know but don't remember. How do I prevent Black Beetle from entering my Scarab and even attempting to put me on mode? My month of torture on the main reach ship was spent with machines trying to attack my scarab, but not Black Beetle attacking my scarab.

Me and Khori Ja realize the answer together.

Oh course.

We have bonded so perfectly that we make it physically impossible for anyone to enter unless we let them. We control ourselves so perfectly, that it is impossible for someone to attack us and severe that bond.

Because Khori Ja and I love each other, we cannot be put on mode.

Holy Crap.