Chapter 42 - Surprises

—Remy

"Where did you get that?"

"I bought it for you." Cassie smiles at me. I look back at the white dress hanging from the rack. It's absolutely stunning. It has a jewel studded single shoulder strap. White fabric covers the chest and sheer glittering fabric wraps around the stomach before ending in another sheet of white.

It's almost too beautiful.

"Me? When would I ever wear that?" I exclaim, lifting up a finger to touch the dress.

"Tonight, and I'm going to do your hair." I turn around to look at her.

"Yeah, um, no. I don't do fancy dresses. I actually have a religious belief to not do anything with my hair." I say. My hair is just to wild and messy to really have anything done with it.

Cassie glares at me. "I'm doing your hair, and you're going to wear that dress or else."

I consider the 'or else' part heavily but Cassie pulls me into the bathroom and begins doing my hair.

"What are we going to be doing anyways?" I ask. Cassie holds a strand of black hair around a curling iron and laughs.

"I'm not going anywhere, but you are."

"Me? Tell me where I'm going, Cassie or I'm not going." I threaten. Dresses frankly scare me, I don't know how to be fancy. And to be going somewhere in that and alone, I'm worried that I might never come back again.

"Don't worry, Remy. It's a surprised, and it's going to be great!" Cassie smiles.

While she finishes my hair, my fingers brush over my new scar in the center of my torso. The doctor took the stitches out three days ago and I'm all healed up. That meant to me I could make out with Jaime for however long I wanted to.

This seems suspicious, you shouldn't go, Remy Emerson. It could be a trap set by the Wonder Girl.

I roll my eyes, "It's not a trap, and you should trust my friends more."

"I totally agree." Cassie chimes in. I smile up at her. She's gotten used to me talking to my Scarab.

Cassie twists up my curled black hair into the back of my head and pins it up. She leaves out a few locks to frame my face. Next she forces me into the white dress, and tries to convince me into high heels. For someone as short as me, you'd think I love heels but it's quite the opposite. I'm sure I'm going to break an ankle when wearing them so I convince Cassie to let me wear white flats. With everything in place, I stand in front of the mirror.

I look like a goddess.

The white dress hugs my body, and my hair is perfect. My makeup is perfectly done and the shoes were actually a great decision.

"Holy crap." I breathe out.

"You look beautiful." Cassie says, then she pulls out a white blindfold.

"No," I say.

"Yes," she says.

Twenty minutes later, I'm blindfolded and Cassie is walking me forward. I'm pretty sure we're outside because of the slight breeze. Khori Ja wanted to fight Cassie as soon as the blindfold went on, but I talk her out of it.

We stop, and I grip onto Cassie harder.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Wait just a moment." Cassie says. She moves my hand and I feel another hand take it in their grasp.