Chapter 27 - Terrorizing

-Remy

Blue Beetle, Superboy, Miss Martian and I burst through the window closest to the vault door. Impulse, Beast Boy, Aqualad and Tigress come in through the door. We find Nightwing battling the Joker and Zatanna destroying Poison Ivy's large vines.

Just as we get to the door, the Terror Twins have finally knocked it down. Tigress and Aqualad rush to help Nightwing. Impulse and Beast Boy start destroying vines with Zatanna. The Terror Twins rush into the vault and both grab a giant metal machine, about ten feet wide and six feet tall. It looks harmless enough, but why would these bad guys want it?

"What do you think you're doing with that?" Superboy demands as him, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle and I surround the Terror Twins.

Tommy Terror smiles. "It's for something big. So big, ain't nobody be able to stop it. Not even the Justice League." His southern accents draws out the words.

"Too bad we're going to stop it now." I say, forming a plasma cannon and firing it right at him. It hits him square in the chest, and launches him into the wall. The machine is dropped and Tuppence flies right at me. She hits me and we go tumbling to the ground.

Tommy Terror flies at Blue but he forms a battering ram and knocks him away. They begin fighting.

Superboy and Miss Martian rush to help, but Nightwing yells for them.

"Superboy, Miss Maritan, protect Zatanna as she relocates the machine." He orders. They obey, meeting Zatanna at the machine as she sits crossed legged, floating in the air.

"This will take a minute or two to teleport this machine. Just keep people off me and you'll be good." Zatanna says, then she begins chanting.

"No!" Klarion yells, as he charges Zatanna. "I want the machine. I want it. I want it. I want it." He begins attacking, but Superboy and Miss Martian hold him off.

As Tuppence pins me to the ground, she sneers at me.

"Ya think ya little Beetles are going to survive, don't ya? Nobody will after we win." She sneers. That's when I notice the black electronic beetle attached to her neck.

That's when a dark tendril wrap around her body and throws her into the wall. Dusk appears beside me through a shadow portal.

"Are you hurt?" She asks.

"No, I'm fine." I tell her as I get up. Blue is still fighting Tommy. As I look at all the villains here, I realize they all have one thing in common. A small black beetle attached to their necks.

"Something's going on." I say to myself. Dusk glances at me.

"We worry about it later, we need to stop the Terror Twins now."

She's right. I form a plasma cannon and fire it at Tuppence as she's up and moving. She dodges it and comes in for a punch. It hits me in the mouth and I fly backwards but stay on my feet.

Blue comes tumbling to my side and I help him up. We stand side by side, ready as the Terror Twins face us.

"The Twins have overstayed their welcome." I say to Blue.

"I couldn't agree more."

It was magical, the way we worked together. Blue fired a sonic cannon, forcing them backwards. I charge Tommy Terror and throw him into the wall. Blue goes for Tuppence. I look at Blue for a moment, and I know he understands. I grab Tommy again just as Blue gets a hold of Tuppence and we throw them at the same time. They crash into each other and sink to the ground. The next moment, Blue and I both form stable guns and fire together.

We get to the Terror Twins and make sure they're secure and look at each other. The smile that grows on our faces are too big to be contained.

Zatanna finishes teleporting the machine. Klarion, Joker and Poison Ivy are all down for the count. I watch as the black beetle attached to their necks disintegrate into ash.

"Great work everyone," Nightwing says. We all meet up in the middle of the room. "Let's get them to Belle Rev."

As we get ready to transport them, one thought eats away at the back of my mind.

What are those black beetles?