Chapter 34 - Advice

-Jaime

After M'gann, Conner, Garfield, Remy and I finish breakfast, I head for the Zeta tube. Before this I of course told Remy that I would be right back, I just need a new change of clothes and a shower. I also need to show my mom I'm okay, and from Remy telling about her mother's death, I make myself remember to give my own mom a hug.

As I get near the Zeta Tube, I hear the familiar computer voice speak.

"B21, Wonder Girl."

Cassie walks in. She takes one look at me before pulling me aside with a very strong grip.

"Hey, Jaime. I need to talk to you."

"What's going on?" I ask, immediately concerned.

"Calm down, I just wanted to know how Remy's doing."

"Oh," is all I say. Cassie doesn't know about Remy's past. "Well, Remy remember a lot lasted night. You-" I was almost about to suggest that she go ask Remy herself, but then I remember Dusk's warning.

I see Cassie's face fall for a moment, but she instantly puts up her mask. She's strong, and I honestly don't know how she can handle that kind of proclamation looming over her head.

"I'm trying really hard, Jaime. I make sure that I'm nowhere near her. I try to stay off missions with her too. I love Remy, she's my best friend. I just don't understand how I could ever..." She trails off, and I see her mask slipping.

"Cassie," I say gently. Her eyes lock on mine. "That's not going to happen. You and I both know that you wouldn't do anything to get Remy killed." That last part is hard to spit out, but I manage. "The Team is making sure it doesn't happen. I promise, we'll make it through this."

Unexpectedly, she throws her arms around me. She crushes me in her hug.

"Thanks, Jaime." She says, then pulls away just as fast.

"No problem. And, thank you, for doing this for her." I add, because honestly, I don't think she understands how greatly I appreciate what she's doing.

"Of course." Then, smiling, she gives me a good punch in the arm. "Later, Jaime."

"Bye Cassie." I smile.

That's when the hair on the back of my neck raises, and I turn around to find Dusk staring me down from across the mission room. Her cold blue eyes glare at me from under her black hood. For a moment, we just stand there staring at each other. Then, she's gone.

Man, that girl gives me the creeps.

* * *

-Remy

I'm sitting on the couch with M'gann. We both sip hot chocolate from our warm mugs. It's around noon, and I know Jaime will be getting back anytime soon, and I anxiously wait for him.

When I hear the Zeta Tube firing up and the computer voice, I'm ecstatic, then disappointed when the computer lists off Zatanna and Artemis.

"Hey, what are you two up to?" Zatanna asks. She and Artemis are both in regular clothes.

"Nothing much, just talking about Remy's new boyfriend." M'gann teases. I roll my eyes at her.

"Boyfriend? Tell me!" Zatanna flips over the couch and sits between M'gann and I. Artemis joins us, sitting on the ground.

"So, who is it?" Artemis asks. I'm a little surprised by her playful expression. That's something new for me.

"Jaime." I say, and I find blood rushing my cheeks.

"Finally!" Zatanna expresses.

"I know, right?" M'gann agrees with her.

"What?" I look between the two of them. "What do you mean by 'finally'?"

Zatanna rolled her eyes. "Remy, it was very obvious you guys were crushing on each other for a long time now."

I start trying to deny it, but I found it's actually really true.

"I'm not the only one with a boyfriend. Didn't you and Nightwing just get back together?"

M'gann and Artemis both look at Zatanna in surprised. She's smiling proudly.

"Yeah, it's official. We're back together."

M'gann throws her arms around Zatanna, while Artemis smiles.

"I'm just glad that boy came to his sense." Zatanna says.

"No kidding." Artemis laughs.

"So, Artemis. What about you?" M'gann all too innocently asks.

"You already know, why are you asking me?" She says, rather annoyed.

"Because these two don't know!"

Zatanna grabs Artemis's arm. "Tell what I don't know right now!"

The dots suddenly connect for me and I blurt out, "Did you and Kaldur finally get together?"

Artemis smiles sheepishly at me, and I know it's true.

"So, you're ready for a new... relationship?" Zatanna asks, letting go of Artemis.

The blonde archer is quiet for a moment, then looks up, confident and happy. "Yeah. I love Wally, but I know I still have to live my life."

"Good for you," I smile at her, and I'm pleasantly surprised she's smiling back.

M'gann stands up. "Let me get you two some Hot Chocolate." She hurries around the couch to the kitchen.

"So," Zatanna presses up against me. "Is he a good kisser?"

"Oh, what are you, twelve?" Artemis says, throwing a pillow at Artemis's head.

She deflects the pillow, "I was just wondering! He seemed like he wasn't ever going to find somebody, but then you came along, Remy."

My cheeks redden at this, and I hate that they do.

"Aw, you're blushing! You must really like him!" Zatanna teases.

"Shut up!" I stammer, and just than M'gann returns with the Hot Chocolate for Artemis and Zatanna.

We all enjoy our drink for a moment, but my questions can't be contain any longer.

"Do you guys have any advice? For relationships?" I ask.

Zatanna licks Hot Chocolate off her upper lip before speaking. "Love is romantic and all, but just remember to have fun. You're dating your best friend after all." She says. I take note of her advice.

I look at M'gann, and she thinks for a moment.

"Be honest with each other. It's for the best in the end." M'gann says this, but she seems lost in another world.

"Remy," Artemis says seriously. I immediately pull my full attention on her.

"Talk, a lot. About stupid things, about the big things. Communication is so important, because you'll never know when you won't be able to tell him those things ever again." I see sadness in her eyes, but just as quickly, it leaves.

I roll the advice through my mind. Remember the words. Latching on to them forever. The thing is, I want things to last with me and Jaime. I love him. I really do.

I finish my Hot Chocolate, thinking about Jaime.