Chapter one: Old wounds.

Two months later

Everyone has been going crazy about my party that is happening right now actually. Time flies when you are organising hospital plans and working in the office. Tamara is currently making sure that I do not work during my party. I wanted to go over my latest emails but she said that she will look it over and highlight the important parts for when I need to check in a few days. Jaz walks over to me with a bottle of tequila and a bag of plasma covered chocolates. (Jasmine): No more thinking about work sis. Tonight is your night! I told the boys to keep Asher busy so we can have our girls night. I invited a few long-lost friends that I think you will be happy to see (Carlyn): I warned him that the girls own the party tonight and who did you call? We walk to the room that my sister rented for the night. It is HUGE! There is a bar, dancers, music and there are balloons... wait (Carlyn): Is this my- (Everyone): Bachelorette Party!! Oh my word! Jaz hinted a week ago about a bachelorette party but I thought that she was just drunk at the time. There are burgers, fries, pizzas, drinks, chocolate and so much more! I catch up with everyone and it is great to see that they are all doing well. Tamika and Monique are here with more chocolates. Gabby is really hung up by the bar which is weird. Four hours of dancing and binging on the most delicious food I have ever had goes by in what feels like seconds. Gabby is still sitting there like a wimp. I am going to confront her. Dizzy. I feel dizzy. But I have not had a drink in months? I have been so caught up in my work that I have been keeping myself sober at every event so far. (Carlyn): What is going on? You have been so off lately (Gabrielle): Nothing (Carlyn): Really? Nothing? Theres that nausea again. I am okay. It is one oclock in the morning and I have been partying a bit too much. (Gabrielle): Screw you I stab her in the throat and immediately afterward I put her head on the bar table. (Carlyn): Want to re-think that statement? (Gabrielle): I am sorry. I am just not myself right now Jaz calls me to the other side of the room and I am feeling dizzy again. (Jasmine): Sis are you okay? Sis? I try to answer but the room starts spinning. All of a sudden I am in my room back at my house. There is a woman here with Jaz and I am not sure if I like what is happening. I would like to know what is going on. (Carlyn): Uhm..? (Jasmine): Hi sis! Youre awake. This is Doctor Alecia Ramirez. She has something to tell you (Doctor Ramirez): Good morning miss. It seems that you are one month pregnant and the nausea you have been experiencing is normal (Carlyn): I am what? (Doctor Ramirez): Pregnant. Congratulations. Should we call the father? (Carlyn): No thank you. Jaz could you and the doctor leave please, if you dont mind? As soon as they left, I call Luke and Junaid to come to me as soon as possible. (Junaid): Sis, what is happening? (Carlyn): I am pregnant for one month now. I scared boeta, I am so scared I burst into tears and it flows uncontrollably. After what happened the last time, I dont know what to do or expect. Junaid and Luke hug me and I cannot stop crying. Are these hormone issues or what? (Junaid): I will stay here with you for a bit okay sis? Luke can stay as long as he can. I am sure that Sophia will understand (Luke): I will call her and let her know. We are here for you sis. This wont be like last time (Junaid): Shut up and go order some food (Luke): Gotcha! I need to tell Asher. Cant they tell Asher? Why should I tell him now? I should tell him now right? I should probably tell him now. No, it is only one month maybe I can tell him after the wedding. But then he will think that the baby is not his if I took so long to tell him. Is he that much of an over thinker? No, right? I am probably overthinking. Yes, I am. I should call him Whatever! I can call him. Which involves a phone so I should go get mine. (Asher): Hey baby. Is everything okay? (Carlyn): My love, I am pregnant He should be freaking out by now. Or running away (Asher): Were having a baby? (Carlyn): Yes, were having a baby (Asher): Would you like me to stay with you? (Carlyn): I would love that but I am going to spend some time with my brothers. Just for a bit (Asher): Thats not a problem baby. Let me know if you need anything okay? I love you (Carlyn): I love you more I hang up and walk into the kitchen where Luke and Junaid are fighting over whether we should eat the spicy wings first or the greasy pizza. We decide on both and turn on the television. Luke talks about how Ricardo and Max are getting along with one another. He shows us pictures but then Juju shows us a few of Kyrah. They are all so adorable. Juju says that I have nothing to worry about and should be excited about a second chance. He knows how much I miss Bella and wish she could be here. It hurts to think about but I know that wherever she is, she knows how much I love her. Luke offers to make guacamole and we slap him immediately. If Ascari were here, he would definitely break his jaw. I miss that guy. He always had a way of making the bad stuff seem funny and then no longer seem bad. The hospital is looking magnificent and I am proud to have named it after such a strong character as himself. Junaid and Luke walk in with a bunch of snacks and more food. (Carlyn): You guys (Junaid): We wanted to spoil you (Luke): Accept it, sis This is what I missed. The three of us just having a good time. We were a huge group. It was Juju, Luke, Gabby, Ascari and I for a long time. But Gabby has been very distant for a long time and I did not want to tell her about the pregnancy. Jaz is at home with Jake and Ky. I wanted her to be with them after helping me get home safely. I discuss with the boys about Asher and I taking a month off. But he and I will still be working and it will be to check out whether I can handle latest events or not. (Junaid): Call him, sis. I will go pack your bags and Luke will not touch anything (Luke): But I (Junaid): Luke (Luke): I shall be watching series until you are finished (Junaid): Thank you Ten minutes after calling Asher, he is at the door. He helps me pack the car and we let the rest of the fam know about the plan. Gabby did not respond to any of the calls or texts but it is okay. She is still angry and that is something she has to deal with since she wont talk to me about it.

Red shell cabin, here we come!