Chapter twenty: Nothing new.

It is one of the warmest mornings of the past month. Before we go to the training grounds, Bruce calls all of the fam to talk. He says that he has something important to tell us. (Junaid): So whats up? (Bruce): I knew I needed to tell you guys at some point but the papers have been filed today so I thought I should tell you all now (Luke): Papers? (Bruce): Kendra and I are officially divorced Well who saw that coming? I know I did. (Carlyn): Why? (Bruce): I dont know actually. I just stopped loving her I guess What a lie. (Bruce): And she is way out of my league There is the truth bomb we have been waiting for! We say how sorry we are but he seems to be happy so it was a bit awkward. (Carlyn): Can we head out? The rest of the crew is waiting outside (Jasmine): Lets go Everybody is excited to hear what we are going to do for the second mission. (Carlyn): I have been notified that a contact of mine in the Fuego Islands is able to help us. She has done research and found a few things that can help us. Myself, my husband, Jasmine, Junaid and Luke will be on our way to get the information. The rest of you should stand by. As soon as we find the location, we will send it to all of you and we will execute the mission immediately Once the meeting is over, I explain to Bruce that we need him here to keep everyone in check. He also needs to get emotionally adjusted to his recent divorce. Jasmine talks to me about how this is a vacation moment. (Jasmine): Come on sis we do not have to let this moment just fly by. We are mothers now but that does not mean that when we cannot have fun once we are no longer at home or in the same zip code as our little ones She has a point there but this is business. (Carlyn): Sis, the faster we get the information the faster we can get the second mission over with. This would lead to us solving this puzzle much quicker (Jasmine): I dont mean that we should delay the mission. I am just asking you to let go a little. A girls night, you and me sis It has been a while since we had those. I understand that once she starts with her pregnancy then it will be a long while before we can have a girls night with drinks. (Carlyn): You have a deal. Girls night will be a thing sis. But we have to get the mission on track too (Jasmine): After we have some fun We all get packed and I cant seem to leave the girls. Asher comes to me in the nursery and I rest my head on his shoulder. (Carlyn): This never gets easier (Asher): I know. Tamara will be here and Dax will be here to keep them safe. We will be back home in no time okay? Only he can calm my anxiety down like that. The last time I was at the Fuego Islands I was in a bad spot but got to know everyone there.

(Asher): We should take our bags into the hotel to get settled in before we go see your contact tomorrow okay love? (Carlyn): Yes baby Everyone settles in and just as I am about to relax, Jaz opens the door to our suite. (Jasmine): Come on sis! I said that we are going to party and we are going to do so! (Carlyn): Fine sis. I will send Asher a message and get dressed (Jasmine): Where is he by the way? (Carlyn): After we settled in, Juju and Luke came to fetch him for a guys evening but I am sure that they are afraid to say that Asher is teaching them the guacamole recipe Jaz starts laughing and I laugh a bit but I am not really up for a party. She basically has a way of making me do things for my own good even when I am too lazy to do so. The best sister that anyone could ask for. Once we get to the club, I remember what it was like being a party girl with no cares in the world. (Jasmine): Lets go get some drinks! (Carlyn): Sure The smell of booze, sweat, perfume and possibly some tingling smells of vomit truly do bring back memories. Shreds of them to be exact. (Jasmine): Here you go! We take a few shots and honestly it does nothing. Jaz comes back and brings another. (Jasmine): Come on!!! Loosen up sis! After too many shots, I can barely understand what I am talking about and yet I am still talking. (Carlyn): I am a strong woman! I have a past. We all have a past. You have a past right? (Jasmine): Right! (Carlyn): You see! And I still wonder. Like something that I cannot stop thinking about (Jasmine): What is that? (Carlyn): Four kids. If I have to give birth again then I am going to have four kids! Who am I? A kardshhian? (Jasmine): What? (Carlyn): What? (Jasmine): What did you say? (Carlyn): Another shot sir! I ask the bartender for more shots and can barely recall what I was saying for the past thirty minutes. Jaz talks about her fears about being a bad mother to her second child and that just hurts deep down to hear. The music gets louder and louder with every passing second. (Carlyn): You know what this night is missing? (Jasmine): What? (Carlyn): Food (Jasmine): FOOD! Somehow some way we cant remember how but we got back to the hotel and there is so much food. (Jasmine): It tastes so good (Carlyn): Did we feed on anyone at the club? (Asher): Yes you did (Jasmine): Oopsie (Carlyn): Baby! Husbandy! How did you get here?! (Asher): You called me from the club and sounded insanely drunk so we came to get you. Junaid and Luke are making hangover cures so that you wont have to face a huge issue in the morning when we have to go meet your contact (Carlyn): I see I dont remember anything from the club. I remember yelling about food but that is pretty much it. (Asher): I have one question though Ohhh boy. What could it be? How many unicorns does it take to paint a rainbow? What does a vampire and a half-cooked piece of steak create? Is the moon made out of cement dust? (Asher): Did you have fun? (Carlyn): Yes we did. Didnt we Jaz? (Jasmine): Yes we did. Didnt we sis? (Carlyn): Yes we did Juju and Luke walk in with glasses of stuff that smells icky and tastes yuck. I feel like I am going to fall asleep but Asher puts me to bed like the gentleman he is. He is such a gentleman, did I mention that?

Night night.