Chapter twenty five: Outnumbered.

One month later

We got news from the hospital that Brody is fully recovered but he cannot be active for a while. Quinn, Chetan, Cevin, Ajax, Brody, Monique, Tamika and Jason have to leave the crew because we are going to work with a smaller group. This is a safety precaution but also a wise decision.

NEW CREW:

CARLYN, ASHER, JUNAID, LUKE, JASMINE, NIKITA [TEAM ONE]

BRUCE, DONOVAN, TYRON, JESSICA, BILLY [TEAM TWO]

NIKITA AND BILLY [UNDERDOGS]

I called everyone to a meeting and told them the news. Asher is probably as thrilled as I am to let Cevin and Jason go. We decided that a small group would be easier to work with. It will be easier to keep track of everything. (Carlyn): We remain as eleven in the crew. A smaller crew means that we will be able to work much smoother and keep track of everybody at all times. This was not an easy decision but it was the right one We say goodbye to the right members that have helped is get this far. Jasmine pulls me aside to ask me something. (Jasmine): So sis could a person just not be able to have children after having one child? (Carlyn): What do you mean sis? (Jasmine): What if after you give birth, you just cannot give birth again? (Carlyn): You sound like you are overthinking sis (Jasmine): Youre right sis. Jake and I have been trying for the past month and nothing has happened yet sis (Carlyn): Dont think about it too much okay? It will happen sis Jaz gives me a hug. I really hope that she can have another baby. Luke and Sophia said that they are not having more kids and that they are perfectly fine with two boys. I am still so happy about our girls being able to say their first words even though it was a month ago. They leave me at a loss for words with how wonderful they are. Barely one years old but leaving their mommy and daddy speechless. Today was just about adjusting to being a smaller group and letting everyone know. It has been a productive month but it feels good to finally let that plan out in the open. I had a feeling that Cevin was going to do something after that beach incident. Asher was not too happy about it and especially me when he said that I should leave my family. I would rather be here to keep them safe in the storm than to leave them. But if leaving them meant that I would be keeping them safe I would literally do anything for them. Asher knows that I do not want to have any more little ones until our current little ones are a bit more grown up than they are now. I just want Jordon and his friends to be dealt with. We have been seeing them murder more innocent people on the news and it has been making our blood burn. It is one thing to get rid of evil people but taking the lives of innocent people is unforgivable. I know that my past makes me the one person who should not be saying this but a fanger is capable of change. I have been speaking to my mother and father to see if they are doing alright. We have all been calling our parents and checking on them. It has been fun for them to stay in safe houses so that is good news. A boring safe house can lead to a huge amount of problems. I feel a kiss on the back of my neck and a hug from behind. It is my adorable husband. (Asher): Overthinking baby? (Carlyn): Nothing more than the usual. Thinking about the past month and what those bloodthirsty bastards have been doing He puts his hands on my shoulders and looks in my eyes. (Asher): We will find these guys, okay? They will pay for what they are doing. Then you, the girls and I will go away for a bit (Carlyn): I know just the place We kiss and I go talk to the boys in the lounge. Juju is giving Bruce a lecture about life. That is definitely something I did not see coming but okay. Bruce has been acting like a pain in the ass lately so he is in need of a lecture. Luke is just nodding his head and agreeing with what he is saying. Jaz is talking to Nikita and Jessica about the training grounds and what it was like for our first training. Donovan, Tyron and Billy are trying to decide what the best smoothie flavour is for a hangover. Well that is interesting. Where did that topic come from? I would think that a berry blast would be fitting for that issue or perhaps a tropical storm. It is entirely up to the person in that situation. Asher went to fetch me a drink and comes up behind me again. The scent of home has him written all over it. (Asher): It would definitely be a vanilla supreme (Carlyn): Reading into my thoughts mister? (Asher): I am normally not able to but with what has been happening to those innocent groups of people you have become a bit vulnerable in your mind, my love. We will find them (Carlyn): I know baby but it still makes me wonder why they would do things like this. Especially when there is no reason for their actions (Asher): Baby we- Jaz and Billy walk up to all of us. (Jasmine and Billy): We found them (Carlyn): What are the details?

Here we go!!