Chapter twelve: Fang-proof.

SoAsher and I have installed a few more safety protocols to keep our girls extra safe whilst the missions are being carried out. Dax calls Asher and its something about the groups. He and the fam head to the academy to sort it out. Jaz stays with me and she brought Ky with her. We cannot believe that the girls are four months old now. (Jasmine): Sis, are you okay? (Carlyn): Just been thinking a bit more lately sis She lets Ky take the remote and choose which channel she wants to watch. (Jasmine): Talk to me. I am here to listen This is just something that has made me cry a few nights in a row. (Carlyn): Sis, I know that Asher and I are safe but you and the fam are at risk (Jasmine): You are afraid of a repeat of what happened with Ascari and Gabby (Carlyn): Yes sis. That cannot happen again. We have already lost so much. I love you guys and I dont say this enough (Jasmine): Sis, listen to me. We love you too and that is why we are doing this. We are fighting for all of us Asher calls my phone and Jaz hands it to me as it rings. (Carlyn): Hey baby. Is everything alright? (Asher): Everything is okay my love. Are you all safe and okay? (Carlyn): Yes. Come home soon please. I miss you (Asher): We are sorting the last few details. Do not worry okay? Ill be home with you before you know it baby. I miss you more We hang up and Ky is watching some cartoon that seems to be entertaining. I honestly have no idea what the plot is but she is enjoying it so thats good. Jaz hooks her arm in mine and says we need to head to the kitchen. She takes something out of the fridge and smiles. (Carlyn): Mint snacks! I thought we ran out of them a long time ago (Jasmine): I got it restocked all for you We have our drinks as we go to check on the girls. They are sleeping so beautifully. (Jasmine): Just dont get too comfortable sis. They will be awake and screaming in no time (Carlyn): Actually they are very calm and independent sis It looks like Jaz ate a box of troll fat and washed it down with octopus guts. I know that Ky was a tough nut when she was a few months old. Gosh, she is probably annoyed with the fact that my girls are a quiet bunch. We finish our drinks and after feeding the girls, I hear the door open downstairs. (Asher): Baba we are home! Asher! I race down to the front door and hug him as tight as I can. Jaz laughs and sits with Ky in front of the television. Juju, Bruce and Luke are turning a bit green and orange. This is something that only happened once before. These guys never learn, do they? Juju attempts to slap Luke but runs to the bathroom to throw up. Bruce does the same but Luke seems to be fine. I give him one look and try my best not to laugh. (Carlyn): What did we say about trying your guacamole brother? (Luke): It was good actually. The other guys are just exaggerating sis Asher wraps me in his arms and laughs. (Carlyn): You seem not sick (Asher): I walked into the room just after they finished. It was hilarious. Dax nearly wet himself I can no longer repress my laughter and I start laughing until tears run down my cheeks. Juju walks into the room and punches Luke so hard that he flies into the back of the couch. (Jasmine): You nearly hit my head! (Luke): Sorry! Bruce tries to walk out of the bathroom but turns around and runs back in. Asher holds my hand and asks how the girls are feeling today. We spent last night watching them sleep for a bit. I hate thinking about the grouping ideas but more is better than nothing. Our parents are all going to be at safe houses to ensure their safety during the mission process. This is to take extra precautions. Jordon and his friends might get weird ideas and we have to be smart about all of it. Bruce walks out of the bathroom and seems to be normal again. Nope, he just ran back. Juju grabs a needle with some sort of fluid that stops excessive vomiting and heads to the bathroom. (Luke): It was fine. I promise! I slap Luke on the back and he flies into the wall. Oops... too hard. He shrugs apologetically. Jaz is playing games with Ky. She switched the television off and put music on instead. Asher holds my hand and kisses it. (Asher): May I have this dance? (Carlyn): But of course We slow dance until Tamara sends us an alert that the groups are now ready and we just need to check the lists and call everyone. Jaz, Bruce, Juju, Like, Asher and I look at each other and sit at the table.

Time to get this sorted out and get ready. I walk into the kitchen and take a shot of blood infused tequila. This is the moment before we all plan a mission that will change everything. Am I ready? Three shots later, I look at the bottle and ask the question again. No. I take five more shots and I give the bottle a kiss. This is what I needed. I am more than ready now. If my grandfather was here, he would say that the mission is more important than getting emotionally attached and freaking out. Asher holds my hand and smiles at me before whispering in my ear. (Asher): Lets get ready. The sooner we are ready, the sooner I can punish you for getting drunk before an important mission I smile at him and look at everyone else.

(Carlyn): Lets go!