Chapter thirteen: Awkward reinforcements.

We have been placing calls and bringing everyone in. I have called Ajax, Brody, Monique, Tamika, Nikita, Chetan, Billy, Quinn, Jasper and Jason. Bruce called Donovan. Juju called Cevin. Luke called Tyron. Jaz called Jessica. After calling them, we have been cleaning up a bit and making sure that the bathrooms are not horrific anymore. Ava, Lala, and Lele have been playing with Ky for the past fifteen minutes. Thirty minutes later, most of the group has arrived and has been having a few things to eat whilst we wait. Jason arrives and my blood runs cold. Everything that happened plays in my head and it makes me want to put a stake through his heart. Cevin arrives and brings me a bottle of wine. Sucking up to me won't stop my husband from slashing your throat, sir. We greet everyone and offer them an appetizer. Asher pulls Jason and Cevin to the side. Oh crap! I make sure to follow them without them seeing to make sure that nothing bad happens. (Asher): I find no enjoyment in this conversation so Ill get to the point My adorable yet feisty husband. What is he doing? (Asher): Carlyn is my wife, my best friend and the mother of my three angels. If you cross the line, Ill have your heads on a silver platter. Do I make myself clear? (Jason): Yes (Cevin): Yeah Uhm, yes Wow they are sweating a bit. My baby is so damn cute. I camouflage against the wall as they walk out. Asher is still standing in the room and he seems to be calming himself down. I put my arms around him and hold him with my face against his chest. (Carlyn): I love you He looks down and kisses me. (Asher): I love you more We kiss once more before going back to everybody. Its great to catch up again but this meeting is very important. We explain everything that we need to and make sure that no details are left out. The more we explain, the more interested everyone becomes. This is going to be one for the books kids. Everyone has a role to play in this war and we all have those that we want to keep safe. Today is just to get introductions in order and all of the boring stuff out of the way. Luke is knocked out because he spoke to Juju about a new way of making his guacamole. I thought he was going to kill him after those bathroom episodes. Juju asks me to follow him outside to talk in private. (Junaid): Can you do a spell to make sure that nobody eavesdrops sis? (Carlyn): Sure I do the spell and he locks the backdoor. (Junaid): Are you sure that we have to be nice to that cheating son of a bitch, sis? (Carlyn): Jason has been warned boeta. No need to do anything dramatic It looks like he is going through what I did a while ago. (Carlyn): Juju, we will never have to forgive him for what he did but- (Junaid): Because of him, you lost so much sis! Your happiness, sanity, and even your unborn child (Carlyn): So much has happened since then, brother. I found my happiness and I have my own family now. I have a husband that loves me and three little blessings that make everything worth it. Jason could be a fart in a hurricane for all I care! (Junaid): That doesnt change what he did to you! (Carlyn): No it doesnt but right now, we are all a part of something that is bigger than all of us! We need to put past problems aside and do what is right! (Junaid): So he can just walk?! (Asher): That is enough! Asher? Seems that he broke the lock on the backdoor. He must have been standing there for a few seconds. (Asher): I noticed that something was wrong and after opening the door, I could actually hear the yelling. We all have our issues and believe me when I say that my wifes exes are the last bastards that I would ever want to work with. But Carlyn is right. What we are fighting against is bigger than us. So Junaid, go inside please. Luke is wrestling Bruce for avocados Juju nods his head and runs inside. Asher hands me a glass of water and sits next to me on our loveseat next to the pool. (Carlyn): This will all be worth it. Once its all over I just want to spend a vacation away with you and the girls. Being safe and happier than ever (Asher): That sounds like a plan We share a kiss and I lay my head on his shoulder. I am just so lucky to be with the most amazing love of my life. He gets me in ways that I didnt think were possible. A few minutes go by and this feels like heaven. The few moments of quiet are ironically music to our ears. Asher holds my hand and smiles at me. My heart melts every time I see that smile. Each time he holds my hand or looks into my eyes it feels like it is the first time. When I am in his arms or just with him by my side, it feels like home. Home is where the heart is. He is my heart, soul and body. Every part of me is his as much as he is mine. (Carlyn): You know, when we were little there was this day when it was storming outside. I was sleeping over at your house for the first time with your aunt and cousins. It was raining so hard that we could not go outside. Something was on my mind and made me cry alone in one of the rooms. You came in and even though I yelled at you to leave you just walked over to me and held me hand then told me it would be alright. That was the moment where I started falling madly in love with you. Love has no age restrictions; it certainly has none in our story (Asher): I remember that day. You were wearing that pink jacket that you hated but it kept you warm. Now here we are, as a family. I would always be ready to save the world as long as you are by my side baby I feel the same way. We stand up and walk back to the entertainment room. Its time to get ready for war.