Chapter forty: Parenthood.

A few weeks after Jaz gave birth has gone by in what feels like a second. We have been having the best time with teaching the girls about their powers. Asher and I have been working on how to help the girls control their powers. It has been the most rewarding experience ever. They are having so much fun and doing a brilliant job. Bella has been learning cooking on the side as well. A four-year-old that is interested in cooking she is mind blowing. We just keep her away from the dangerous things in the kitchen for now. The fam calls and says that they are going to come to us to have a day together. I have missed Jaz so much since she gave birth. She wanted to spend some time alone with Jake and Ky with the new baby. It is understandable and I just hope that she is having a good time learning again. Especially with the sleep routine being messed up. (Asher): Can you believe that we have made it here baby? (Carlyn): Nothing to do but believe it baby because we are here (Asher): It is beyond crazy to think about everything we have overcome to get to this point (Carlyn): I completely agree with you (Asher): I need to remind you of something though (Carlyn): Yes baba? (Asher): I seem to recall telling you that once all of that drama was over we were going to go on a family vacation to the Hermosa Islands (Carlyn): You know now that you mention it, we had that plan yes We are smirking at one another and I cannot believe that we are where we are now. This is something that we have wanted for so long and it is worth all of the crap that we had to endure. (Junaid): Anybody home?! I tell Asher that the fam is here. (Carlyn): They are here baby (Asher): Lets get the day started then, my love We go inside and everybody is in the dining room. Bruce, Jaz and Luke are here. Jaz brought Drew with because she could not leave without him. I understand because that is what it feels like after you just gave birth. It feels awful to be apart from your baby even if it is for an hour or two. There is no other way to explain it but that is just how it is. The baby is still a part of you and when you are not together then you have some sort of separation anxiety that comes along with it. Think of it as a travelling bag along with your other bags when you have to go to the airport to travel. You have to keep it with you and the other bags can go in the plane. Juju walks in with some girl that we have never seen before. She has black curly hair with a mocha skin colour. (Junaid): Guys this is my girlfriend Aria (Aria): Hello everyone Oh my gosh she has an English accent. If I were a man, I would marry her without question. Or better yet, just give me the accent haha! (Carlyn): It is great to meet you Aria! (Bruce): Where are you from? (Aria): I am from London but my family moved to Tierra de Amor before they had me (Luke): So that is where you get your accent from! Wow just wow. Juju did not hit him this time! Wow now that is a change. This girl must have put a screw back from where it must have been loose. I am happily surprised. Jaz and Drew go sit outside so she can breastfeed and she asks if I can come sit with her. (Carlyn): Is everything alright sis? (Jasmine): Yes sis. I just had no interest in meeting his latest temporary fling sis (Carlyn): We dont know if it is temporary sis Jaz gives me a 'dont talk nonsense' facial expression. (Carlyn): Okay so she is going to be around for a few months but meeting her wont hurt sis (Jasmine): I know for sure that it wont hurt me (Carlyn): Why dont we focus less on violence and something more calming like violins Jaz looks at me and laughs a bit. Becoming a mom from scratch with a new baby can be stressful and having a sense of humour helps take the edge off. I talk to her about how lucky she was that she was not in the hospital for days. So many people talk about how they were in labour for days before they gave birth. It must be extremely painful to go through. Those women deserve the world after enduring that much pain and still going strong. Being a mother changed so much for me and having more kids changed it even more. I instantly had four kids so my life was thrown upside down but then the entire descendants thing happened too. Then we had the Cevin thing. There were so many opportunities to cut and run. I just knew that if there was a reason for me to keep going, it was for my family. I could not ever abandon them because I know what that feels like. Other than my brother and parents, the rest of my family just left us. They have been dead to me ever since. I take them as motivation to always be there for my girls and for my husband no matter what. They make me stronger than I am on my own because together we are unstoppable. There is so much that I still have to learn about being a mom and I just know that Jaz is still learning about it too. We help each other and that is the best part about you and your best friend both having babies. You can help out each other and if there are questions then they will answer them honestly without any likes or practical jokes in between. It took a long time for me to be grateful for everyone in my life. It also took loss for me to appreciate those in my life.

But I owe it all to my grandfather ❤