Chapter thirty eight: Is it a boy or girl?

Two months later

Jaz is six months pregnant and we are having a baby shower for her. We are going to do a gender reveal as well to find out whether it is a boy or a girl! I dont know if you can tell but I am excited to find out if it is a girl or boy! (Jasmine): Are you guys ready? (Carlyn): What are the names sis? (Jasmine): If it is a girl then her name is Zoey. If it is a boy then his name is Drew (Carlyn): They sound perfect sis! Pull the rope! There is a rope that Jaz must pull and once she does it will explode a certain colour. Blue for a boy and pink for a girl. We have been waiting so long for this moment and Jaz gets herself ready to find out. She is taking a bit too long. I ask her if she still wants to do it or if I should because she seems to be taking a bit too long now. Eventually she says that she is ready and pulls the rope. BLUE FOAM!! IT IS A BOY!! (Jasmine): We are having a boy! Jake picks her up and kisses Jaz. (Jake): We are having a boy!! They are so ecstatic and it makes tears run down me cheeks to see how happy they are. She really deserves this. I cannot think of anyone else who deserves a baby as much as she does. Jaz and Jake have been trying for months and when they said that she was going to have a baby, that put the biggest smile on my face. She had always talked about how I have a lot of kids and how she would love to have that for her own family as well. Now she is getting what she wanted and Jake is going to officially have his first biological son. He had never had little ones before and he is already such a great father to Kyrah. That is how I know that he will be the best father he can be to his son. Asher holds me tight and I cannot stop smiling. Jaz and Jake are giving a speech to thank everyone and talk about their baby. (Jasmine): Thank you to everybody who made it today I forgot to mention that Juju did not come. He said that he was too busy but I know that he probably feels hurt that the baby Jaz is having is not with him and I wish I could be there for him. He does not want us to go to him and pity him. (Jasmine): We have been trying to have another baby for as long as we can remember and now we are 75% there! It has been the most incredible journey to be going on the pregnancy wagon for the second time round but it has been so much fun to learn all over again. Thank you for all of the gifts and enjoy the rest of your afternoon everybody! That was a heartfelt speech and I am wishing that she could give birth now so we could meet Drew. I know that she is just as excited to meet him as all of us. (Carlyn): Have you spoken to Kyrah about it sis? (Jasmine): About having a baby sis? (Carlyn): Not just that sis. She is going to have a baby brother. Did you ask her what she thinks about having a new baby brother? (Jasmine): I wonder what she would say if I had to ask her. She would probably say that I was imagining and that she does not think that a baby boy would show up out of nowhere. But she said I eat too much and that is why my stomach is so huge (Carlyn): Oh my gosh! We laugh and I think back to how it was when I was pregnant the second time. It feels like forever ago. You feel more confident than the first time but you are just as scared as the first time because you know exactly what is to come. At least Jaz is only giving birth to one boy. Having to conceive three babies at once was no picnic, trust me. I thought that I was going to stab Asher in the delivery room. He just would not shut up and the doctor kept yelling at me to push but I was prepared to pack up and walk home. Hilarious because I could barely feel my legs so the idea of walking out there is pretty stupid. If I could do it again then maybe I would but for now, I am blessed to have my four girls. No one compares to them and no other will. (Jasmine): Okay so everybody has to do the soap slide because that way we will all be covered in blue. I cannot obviously do it so I have the foam here with me. Get on the slide and SLIDE guys! Oh great. A soap slide. I wish I could slap sis right now but I just might cause a premature birth. Everybody has to take a turn going down the slide and Asher goes before me. He looks completely ridiculous after going down the slide but laughs because he knows I have to go next. I go down the slide and there is a rush of cold because the water is not warm at all. Covered in blue and feeling annoyed perhaps it should have been a red slide. Asher rubs on me to get more blue on me and I say that he is not funny. We laugh a bit and I can feel that my social filter is dying. You know that feeling when you have been spending time out with people and then all of a sudden you just want to go sleep? I would go sleep but I would not want to take a nap on Jaz's bed because there are several gifts on her bed in her room. Maybe I can drink coffee or something but I need an energy booster immediately.

Let me sleep please!