🌼thirteen🌼

-a few days later-

Yoongi was sitting in a nearby bakery restaurant. it was small but very famous. Yoongi was working on some tunes with his laptop and earphones in. He couldn't fix the odd noise of his melody. He had finished a new song but something was off, something was missing. He wasn't sure what to add or remove to make it better.

"this stupid song" Yoongi muttered and glanced at his phone, no texts.... he wished to call Jimin and talk to him, maybe evben let him listen. jimin had a good ear for tones. But Jimin still havent come online or answered his calls. it was really getting worrisome.

"Hey, we meet again," a quite familiar voice was heard. Yoongi looked up and saw Jungkook standing at his table. "mind if i join you?"

"not at all" yoongi quickly made some space and put most of his things inside his bag.

"How are you? Have you heard anything from Jimin?"

"I was just gonna ask you. i haven't heard a single thing"

"me neither. i am getting a little worried now too. But I don't have time to visit him yet. I might stop by on my way back if i can"

"I am thinking of going there.." Yoongi said, looking at Jungkook.

"oh, well you can i guess"

"I don't know. We've never met before so I'm unsure if I should go there. He must have not invited me for a reason."

"Well he is really fond of you and keeps talking about you so i dont think it's gonna be much of a problem. But I dont think it's gonna be what you think.... I don't know what he has told you."

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't talk about his private things a lot. I can't tell you anything, he prefers us to stay silent. But just be gentle with your words. he is a sensitive guy"

"I always am. dont worry." yoongi smiled. "So you think I should go?"

"hmm yea i do. if you text me how he is doing when you visit him."

"I will," Yoongi nodded. He couldn't just sit here, he had to know. This feeling was becoming unbearable, we had to know if jimin was okay. He stood up from his seat and grabbed his phone. "i.. have to go" is al he said before walking off.

-

He entered the hospital, feeling very out of place. But he can't stop now, he came all the way here. He walked to the front desk and cleared his throat to get the lady her attention.

"ahem"

"o-oh! Hello sir. Welcome '' she smiled, rolling her seat to the guest. "what can i do for you?"

"I uhm...I am a visitor for....Park...Jimin" he said hesitating each few words, unsure what to say and what to call himself.

"Are you family?" she asked cautiously as she glanced at her screen.

"no...we're....Friends, sort of. I...Im sorry. I just haven't heard from him in a few days, I'm so worried. I only want to know if he's okay..."

"well, that information is only for specific people he chose. His file is classified for others, I can't tell yo-" she stopped talking when she saw the nurse walk to her desk with a few prints.

The nurse saw Yoongi and smiled wide, turning to him. "ohh hellow hello, funny meeting you here" she said and walked to him after delivering the prints. "you must be Min Yoongi"

"ahm...Well i am, yes" yoongi said a little skeptical why the nurse knew his name.

"you're here for Jimin are you not? He's been talking a lot about you so I know who you are."

"oh, I see," the man chuckled.

"You can come with me," she said and moved her hand in the direction they were going. Yoongi accepted the offer and walked into the white hallway.

"So uhm, we can't tell you everything of course. but i can tell you that he is currently not doing so well. He just got out of an examination which asked a lot from him, he has been sleeping most of the day today. I don't know if he wants to have any visitors, but I will ask. Since he can't shut up about you, I think you must be someone important." she smiled when they stopped at a door with a nameplate. 'Park Jimin'.

Yoongi gulped. Why was he here? he shouldn't be here? he was a few meters away from Jimin. he was gonna see him? no, maybe he should leave? he didn't come announced. the sweat began to build on his skin. By seeing the nurse go inside he knew he can't just walk away anymore, he was stuck with his decision now. Nervously he fiddled with his fingers trying to look cool whenever someone passed by.

After a while the nurse came back out and looked at the guest. "He wants to see you. but please, keep your voice down. He isn't doing very well right now." She said and stepped aside holding the door open for the man. "I will come look in a bit"

"thank you" yoongi walked inside feeling his body go hot from nervousness. He took a deep breath and walked further inside, he could see the foot of the bed and then the blankets....and then a person.... Jimin. His eyes widened and he almost gasped when he saw the other. He was beautiful, ignoring the bags under his eyes and the exhausted look he had. This was the Jimin he was hoping to meet. the jimin he talked with everyday about this and that.

"Hey..." he said with an awkward chuckle.

"Hi...Hyung" Jimin looked down, poking his blanket trying not to feel too shy but failing. He felt himself shut, not daring to say anything. "i-i didnt e-expect to see you"

"I know, i'm sorry for stopping by like this. but i was worried something might have happened. You haven't been online in a few days and I remembered you saying you were sick..I feared the worst.."

"oh....i appreciate the concern....but i am fine" jimin smiled but yoongi knew he was lying.

"You can tell me anything Jimin, I don't judge. even if you were in a wheelchair it wont me look at you any different"

"i know...i didn't want you to see me like this...not for our first meeting at least..." Jimin's face turned sad.

"Why not?" Yoongi asked as he sat down on the chair he pulled near Jimin's bed.

"i-i don't want you to hate me.. to think i'm weird. That I'm just the sick boy who can't even get out of bed.... I really like you and don't want to ruin what we have now" jimin said and sighed. "i was hoping to meet you on my own, a day that i can walk and come meet you in a park or something."

"But, I don't mind if you're sick or in bed. I am already happy you're alive. If I didn't like you I wouldn't have kept talking to you when you told me you were sick and were staying here in the hospital."

"hmm yea.." jimin looked at the other. "i'm happy you're here....i was hoping someone would come see me.....taehyung is busy he couldn't come."

"I'm glad I came then... so uhm.. how are you actually?"

"Oh uhm..." Jimin hesitated, but he trusted Yoongi. he doesn't have anything else to lose anyway. He doesn't want to lie to Yoongi, he has to tell him at one point. and it's better to do it sooner than later. "not so good..." jimin said and slowly pulled his legs up taking a few deep breaths after. "i am sick...i have heart failure." 

---

thank you for reading. im so sorry for not updating for a month i just didn't know what to write. see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼