🌼sixteen🌼

The two walked slowly back while Yoongi still ate his ice. Jimin basically chomped it away as soon they sat down. He felt good. He felt comfortable around Yoongi. He doesn't have to look perfect, he doesn't have to be normal, he can be weak around him. Yoongi won't judge him for anything. It was a comforting thought. He was very glad to have met Yoongi, it was an odd way but it made him believe it was meant to be. They were meant to come together and meet.

"I don't have a family anymore....like a blood related family. Taehyung and Jungkook feel like family but it's...different..." Jimin said, opening up to the other. They had privacy, away from all the cameras and nurses back there. It was just him and Yoongi. "they gave up on me"

"gave up on you?" Yoongi asked, hoping Jimin wouldn't shut off now.

"I.. I wasn't always sick like this. But when I got life threatening sick and the doctors had the diagnosis my parents didn't know what to do. They did send me to a hospital but after a year the doctors said I was only worsening and I wont have long. that's when...they left" Jimin thought back to the day he saw his parents walk out of the room. He thought it was just a regular goodbye and till tomorrow. "they never came back"

Yoongi felt sad for Jimin. he can't imagine his own parents just leaving him like that. especially in such a situation. who would leave their child sick all alone. He doesn't understand.

"The doctors later told me they said to give up my care, they didn't want to be there when I died so they left. they just gave up...just like that....but i'm not dead! i am here for more years after that! why did they leave me?........" Jimin teared up frustration rising inside of him. He can't think of this without making a scene, it was a sensitive memory which caused a lot of problems. Just as now. he felt his breath speed up and he started coughing a hand placed itself against the wall on his right. "h-help help.i can't breathe" he began to panic, his heart was thumping in his throat and the fluids inside of him made him cough.

"shit, it's okay. Come sit here for a moment" yoongi said, taking jimins hands and kneeling to the ground with him. letting the younger lean against him. "there, you can't fall now. relax, i'm here. you will be fine"

"I f-feel so heavy..... i-it's scary" jimin admitted. He felt scared whenever he was like this. He was scared to die. He doesn't want to die.

not anymore.

But feeling Yoongi's hands holding his own was helping him to calm down and focus on his breathing which was interrupted by a cough every few seconds.

"It's okay, I'm here. just breathe, that's right. just like that" yoongi smiled, his thumbs caressing Jimin's hands. Jimin was doing just as he said and he calmed down.

"im tired"

"Do you want to piggy back?" yoongi offered. Jimin looked up with tired eyes but accepted the offer. with yoongi's help he hopped on yoongi's back and held onto his neck. placing his head against yoongi. A blush on his cheeks.

"T-thank you. a-am i not heavy?"

"Nah, it's fine. Do you even eat enough? you're lighter than i thought"

"i dont know. im just not so hungry most of the time. but doctor said i am at a healthy weight. you just got strong legs Yoonyoon"

"yoonyoon?" yoongi chuckled.

"s-sorry. i thought...nevermind" jimin blushed even more and looked away.

"no no, it's fine. it's cute, you can call me anything you want." yoongi smiled and began walking, "So where to, handsome prince?"

"h-handsome? you think i am handsome?" Jimin was surprised.

"i think you're very beautiful Jimin." Yoongi may be an introverted person; he does not mind speaking out his thoughts. especially not when it's a compliment. He would happily compliment Jimin more, he could feel the younger giggle from the vibrations of his chest against his back. It made him feel warm inside.

maybe...he really felt more for Jimin than just friends..

"I really enjoy the time when you're around" Jimin said softly and rested his head on yoongi's shoulder on his own arm. staring at the passing street that leads back to the hospital.

"I'm glad, I will try to visit more often. But i am busy with my music, but for you i will try to make some extra time"

"really? you don't have to do that,its fin-"

"no no. I want to, I love seeing you. Thats why i come here." Yoongi was always looking forward to seeing Jimin. A little because he was scared he would disappear one day. Now he knows how sick the younger is he is always worried when he doesn't get a reply, thinking the worst. But so far Jimin always showed up an other day sending him the text he was okay.

"Were here '' Yoongi said, walking while carrying the other was faster, Jimin couldn't walk at a normal pace so this short length took them a long time. But it was a time that was too short for both of them. They wished to be together longer.

Jimin sighed deeply when he saw his nurse approach them with the notepad which held Jimin's schedule. He could already feel what she was about to say and he didn't want her to. He doesn't want Yoongi to leave.

"Jiminie, the doctor is expecting you for your check up." she said seeing the two boys finally return.

"oh, let me put him down then" yoongi kneeled down so Jimin could get on his own feet. but his hand still held onto Yoongi's arm for support. He still felt tired.

"I'm sorry to break your time like this but Jimin can't miss his check ups. they are important to keep us updated with his health.'' She smiled at Yoongi, noticing he might want some information. He can know, he came here often so it felt like one of Jimin's close friends who also knew everything.

"I will miss you," Jimin said, looking at the floor. He felt shy saying so.

"I will miss you too. but don't worry, I will come visit soon, and we can always call and text."

"I know. but seeing you is better" Jimin looked up and smiled a little while the older returned. The nurse who stood there waiting smiled at the two thinking it was cute. She wants Jimin to be happy and he really looked happy when he was with Yoongi. she noticed it.

"Okay, we can go," Jimin said, stepping towards the nurse and accepting her arm to hold onto for support. "bye Yoongi. thank you for visiting me"

"See you soon Minnie," Yoongi smiled warmly and left the hospital.

--- 

thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼