🌼thirty🌼

A day later

Taehyung was back in Seoul, he heard from Jungkook that Jimin was fine for now. Which calmed his nerves. He was so worried for his friend. He felt like a bad friend that he wasn't there right away. Jungkook had told him many times that he shouldn't be angry at himself for that. Taehyung couldn't have known something would happen.

"uhm, sir." a voice repeated itself and shook him from his daze. The tall man smiled awkwardly and stepped forward to the counter.

"I'm sorry, I was lost in thoughts," Taehyung apologized.

"No worries, what can I get you today?" the man said ready to make the order.

"two custard bread with some powdered sugar."

"Anything else?"

"hm, yes one black tea, and one green citrus"

"of, course. Anything else?"

"no, that's all" taehyung smiled and paid for the order. He went to wait at the side.

-

It was a short walk after that to the hospital. It was still quite early in visit time so he had enough time to spend with his friend.

"here you are, sir," the lady said after walking him to Jimin's room. Taehyung thanked her and went inside.

Jimin, who was now expecting a visitor, looked up from his book surprised. And even more surprised when he realized it was Taehyung.

"Tae.."

"my Jimin..." Taehyung said while walking to the bed. He handed Jimin the green tea and one of the bags with custard snacks in it. "i brought snacks..."

"oh, thank you" Jimin smiled. Hoping Taehyung wont bring up what happened. But that was impossible, there was no way the younger won't mention it.

"Jimin...What happened?"

".....I uhm... Remembered my parents and the letters...And you know...That time I was in" Jimin didn't need to explain it all to Taehyung. Taehyung had been there since the start. He had seen every side of Jimin. Every tear and every word.

"and now? Is it...Worse?'' Taehyung sipped his drink and watched Jimin unpack his custard bread, scooping some of it with his finger that was almost falling on his bedsheets. He doesn't want to crumble in his bed.

"yea....But" Jimin sighed. "Can we eat a little first?"

"Sure" Taehyung nodded and also grabbed his bread from the bag.

"how did the presentations go?"

"Pretty good, I think we will get some new partners out of it. My friend is staying in japan to get them to sign the contracts and get the deal."

"thank you for coming back so soon.."

"Of course, you're my best friend Jimin. I would do anything for you, I would travel to the other side of the earth for you"

"Tae..." Jimin smiled warmly and sipped his tea. The two fell into a silence while they ate and drank the treat Taehyung brought with him. Jimin didn't expect Taehyung, and he was worried for his visit, but now he was here he felt better. Taehyung was and always will be a special person to him who always can make him feel so at home.

But Jimin and Taehyung were just friends, aside from Taehyung no one could make Jimin feel so cared for, until now, now he got Yoongi. Yoongi makes him feel almost the same, but just more.... intense. Yoongi was who he loved romantically and who he wanted to be with for a long time.

"They are offering me surgery," Jimin said suddenly after he finished the last bite of the snack.

"surgery? but that isn't safe..." worry filled taehyung's body.

"No it isn't. but it's a transplant.... they have a suitable heart for me, they say this is the last option left for me seeing the state i am in now. But the risk is high. my heart is too bad to survive another surgery, so the transplant was their last option. but they did say that the risk of failure is there. my body is weakened and might not accept the unknown heart.'' Jimin said. Taehyung was silent for a few seconds before he spoke up again.

"What is the.... chance of success?"

"20%...."

"twenty.... and... when do you have to decide?"

"i already did. they had to be quick, they cant wait longer, if i didn't choose they will give it to an other patient.'' Jimin noticed Taehyung was waiting for an answer before replying. so he added, "i took the offer. as long you're okay with it"

"Of course I am okay, I will pay anything that is needed. money isn't my concern Jimin, i don't need vacations or expensive clothes. i just want my friend alive.'' Taehyung scooted closer and held Jimin's hand. His heart breaking at the thought this might be one of the last times he will be able to hold it and feel its warmth. "but... the fail risk is so high... are you sure?"

"I am.... I don't have anything else to lose than you guys.... I'm nothing, I can't enjoy my life like this. I have to try... I want to die knowing I've tried everything. I'm not happy taehyung.. i'm so unhappy"

"Jimin..."

"i want to do this. even if i die, i can better do it now. now that yoongi and you all still have time to find someone else. And I won't have to live with this pain anymore. I'm so done with this all.."

"Jimin, have you thought about this? are you sure it isn't one of you-"

"I have Tae, it's this or nothing. I will die either way. but with this i will at least have a chance of living"

"Okay, I understand. and I will support you towards the surgery." Taehyung nodded and sighed. "When is it?"

"They want to start it this week. But they will get me when they can start. they will have to make some preparations first."

"So fast already.... okay Jimin"

"im sorry Tae"

"Please, don't be. I understand really, I can't imagine being in your shoes, so I have no right to judge your choices just because I don't want to lose you. You're not stupid nor a child."

"but i-if I don't make it. Please don't be mad at me..."

"I could never, Jimin. i tell you so many times money is not what i care about. I treasure all the days I've managed to keep you here with us. Don't think I would blame you for anything. Relax, do what you feel is the right thing."

"i have to call Yoongi... he doesn't know yet"

"Do you want to call him while I'm here or when I leave?"

"Please stay... if i cry i will have you" jimin said, he already knows he is gonna cry. Having Taehyung here will give him someone to find his comfort in and someone who would dry his tears. Taehyung always did that, he could cry freely with him.

"Anything for you" taehyung smiled and got in bed with Jimin after seeing the older pat his hands on the spot next to him. and together they opened a video call with Yoongi who was busy in his studio.

---

thank you for reading! were closing in on the ending slowly im not sure how many chapters are left, i think it will end around 40, probably not more.

i hope you're enjoying it and will stick till the end, see you in the next update!

🌼🌼🌼