🌼fourteen🌼

yoongi didn't know what to say, he wasn't very familiar on the medical field but the sound of 'heart failure' did not sound very good to him.

"I can't do much, I am too sick for normal activities. I try to do them but I can't...."

"that must be hard to live with"

"yea, but...i manage" jimin smiled a little.

"So, how are you feeling now? Is that why you haven't been online?"

"yes, it got worse these days so I haven't been able to talk to you. until now that is" he chuckled at the last part. He was nervous with Yoongi sitting here with him. He kept rubbing his hands dry on the bed sheets.

"What happens when you...like...get sick? or what should I call it? " Yoongi asked, not sure what words to use to ask the question.

"oh well it's hard for me to breathe sometimes, it happens a lot when i lay down during my sleep, i cough a lot. But the worst thing is the exhaustion. When I move too much to do exercises my heart pumps really fast and gets overwhelmed really quick. It's so annoying" jimin frowned. "I want to do fun things too, I don't want this. can't i just buy a new heart"

"It's sadly not that simple" Yoongi gave an apologetic smile. "But at least you can have friends. i have no problem with coming here to see you, really i am fine with it"

"you're so sweet," Jimin blushed. "But I do hope to go see you on my own."

"Maybe one day you can do that, let's just hope for it. dont worry too much"

"yea...'' Jimin looked down. how will he tell yoongi that he wasn't going to heal. He was predicted to not reach the end of this year.

he decided not to.

"So uhm" Jimin continued when he noticed the silence got too long. "Is there something you want to do?"

"I don't know. what can you do?"

"I can play a board game or maybe play some video games? i have a playstation here, Taehyung left it for me."

"how did you get a playstation here??" Yoongi was surprised to see it standing on the table near the tv screen.

"The nurses made an exception because i was here for years already and it would be my last- ah uhm, i mean...yea"

Yoongi looked at Jimin a little concerned. Did he hear that right? ....he hoped he didn't.

"uhm, let me just get the controllers. playstation it is" jimin had to break the moment because he spoke too much. Slowly he moved out of bed dropping his heavy legs over the end before slowly sliding down onto his feet. seeing this yoongi got up a little alarmed.

"a-ah are you sure you should do that?"

"It's just a few meters," Jimin smiled and slowly took a few steps. his steps were slow and a little shaky but he managed to get to the console and grab all the remotes along with the controllers. with the same slow pace he reached the bed and sat down.

"Does it hurt to walk for you?"

"no it doesn't really hurt, it just feels so hard, like my legs are bricks, i have to put a lot of effort in it. ah it's so hot here now. Jimin placed a hand on his neck feeling his heartbeat, luckily he didnt feel anything concerning right now so he smiled again and handed yoongi one of the controllers. "you like cuphead?"

"Sure do" Yoongi chuckled.

"alright! come sit" jimin patted the free spot next to hi, while starting up the game. yoongi was a little hesitant but he took a seat on the bed, his heart thumping nervously in his chest realizing how close he was to Jimin right now.

-

The two played a game for hours, during which time the two had gotten a lot more comfortable with the fact that they had finally met. Jimin felt relaxed to have told the other the truth. he was so glad yoongi took it not too heavy and did not judge him for it. He was so afraid Yoongi would react in a bad way. He didn't want to lose their friendship.... not just for normal friends but... Jimin felt a little more than he admitted.

"I had a lot of fun, '' Yoongi said after seeing the time. "i think they will ask me to leave soon, it's not exactly visiting hours anymore" they were way past visiting hours by now.

"oh....right...'' Jimin's smile faded a little, he didn't want yoongi to leave so quickly. time flew by. It felt like only a few minutes while in reality it had been hours. "will you come visit again soon? i really like you stopped by''

"Of course, next time I will bring you something delicious from my friend's bakery."

"i would love that" jimin smiled and blushed when he got a warm smile back from the older.

"Maybe we can go there sometime if you feel better?"

"yes! maybe...if i ever do..."

"you will, stay positive. im sure you will get better" yoongi said, he really wished the other to heal, but remembering jimin's sentence of earlier this day he was worried that he might not heal in the end. Even so Yoongi was determined to put in his effort, for Jimin it was worth doing so. Jimin was special. now he had seen him in real life he was sure of it. these were feelings stronger than when they were on the phone or video call, this was real.

*knock knock* The door opened slowly and a lady peeked inside, when she saw the two sitting on the bed she walked inside smiling at them. "hello Jimin and, yoongi i believe?" she said looking at the guest.

"yes, Min Yoongi"

"I hope I am not interrupting, but I have to ask you to end your visit because it's past time for visits. Jimin needs to continue with his schedule. cant have him be late" she said.

"of course, i was just about to leave" yoongi got off the bed and chuckled seeing jimin pout. "i will be back soon, i will text you when i am able to stop by alright?"

"That's okay, I will look forward to it." Jimin smiled, the sickness he felt today was forgotten for these few hours. He felt so much joy that he didnt think about his sickness. "thank you for coming to see me!"

"anytime, see you!" Yoongi left the room with the nurse.

---

ugh this story is so hard to fill a chapter.

thank you for reading see you in the next chapter. 

🌼🌼🌼