🌼thirty eight🌼

-that weekend-

The day that jimin didn't believe would ever come had arrived. He could leave, his transplant was showing positive healing and it was surprisingly well accepted by his body.

He just had his last breakfast and the regular medication. Now he sat on the bed, his legs dangling over the edge, and eyes staring at the three brown boxes which contained his personal belongings.

It felt so unreal to him. He almost would doubt if he was even alive. Maybe this is all just imagination, maybe he did die during the surgery and this was just his soul giving him the ending he dreamed of....

*knock knock* The knocks on the door shook him from his thoughts and reminded him that this was in fact all real. He was alive and breathing. His heart was beating, that won't fool him.

"Hey Jimin, your friends are all here to see you. Are you ready to go down now?" the nurse asked, she smiled warmly at the boy sitting on the bed. Wearing his regular clothes, a plain grey shirt with blue jeans.

"yes, i'm ready" he got off the bed. The nurse was about to assist him but Jimin shook his head. "i can do it" he said and stood on his own legs with a stable posture. No shaking anymore, no heavy body. He smiled at her and went to grab one of his boxes. But the nurse stopped him.

"The doctor strongly advised you to not do anything wild such as carrying heavy objects. Your surgery traces needs to fully heal before you can do such activities. So avoid doing these things. Let me and assistant kim carry them to your ride."

"Okay, you're right. '' Jimin sighed and walked with the nurse and student assistant to the hall where he would be picked up. As soon as they reached the hall he could already see Jungkook, Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok waiting for him. They all jumped up with excited noises and ran to him. Engulfing him in a big group hug.

"Jiminieeee!!" Taehyung was the loudest of them all.

"hey guys" jimin smiled feeling so loved in this hug. He was so thankful that he was granted a second chance to experience life. He might not have his family anymore, but he doesn't need them now. He has amazing friends who are his new family. And Yoongi will be with him.

"how do you feel, now you are about to leave?" Jungkook asked and they all stepped back giving the boy some space.

"I feel fine. I'm nervous but also excited to leave."

"it will all be fine, yoongi is a great person, no need to worry when you're with him!'' Hoseok said and poked yoongi with his elbow. Yoongi hasn't said a word yet and Hoseok had noticed, so did jimin.

The two stared in eachothers eyes, a lot of emotions went through them when they stood there. "hi again" Jimin said, saying the first words between them.

"hey.."

Taehyung grinned and grabbed Jungkook by the shirt pulling him to the side to give Jimin and yoongi the space. Which was the right thing as the two immediately fell into a tight hug. Yoongi placed soft kisses on Jimin's cheeks.

"i love you, Jimin"

"i love you too, yoongi".

After their short reunion of hugging and talking the nurse spoke up again. "mr. Park, can you come here one more time? '' she said. Jimin nodded and walked to her. She asked for his arm which he then extended. "now you're officially discharged from the hospital. We wish you all the best. And hopefully you won't have to come back anytime soon" she said and cut Jimin's wristband off. "would you like me to throw it away or do you want to keep it?"

"i want to keep it. '' Jimin smiled and took the wristband. He will keep it as a memory that he survived this. Even if this wasn't a good time in his life he wants to remember it, it is part of who he is now.

"okay, it's all yours then. We'll bring the boxes to the car." the nurse said and followed hoseok who would take them.

-

After Jimin had left the hospital everyone went to their own home. Jimin went with Yoongi and they had already arrived at the older's house.

Yoongi carried everything inside his house and placed them in the hallway where Jimin was waiting for him. His eyes examining the decoration around him.

"it's a strange thought that i will be moving in here." even tho Jimin had already been here before he still was nervous knowing this will be his new home for now.

"I couldn't be happier." yoongi smiled and gave Jimin another hug. "Shall I bring this upstairs?"

"i-if it's no trouble, we can do it later too"

"no its not at all, come let's go up!'' Yoongi took the box with Jimin's clothes and carried it upstairs. Inside the bedroom he put the box down and fixed the pillows on the bed a little more.

"You can have the bed!"

"oh?" Jimin frowned, giving the older a puzzled look.

"I don't have a second bed. But that's fine, I have a big couch. I will just sleep there and you can have my bedroom. You will have your own room and privacy"

Jimin was silent for a few seconds. He smiled a big smile and looked at yoongi. "we can sleep here together, i don't mind sharing the bed, we've been cuddling a lot before already"

"if you really don't mind i'd love to bu-"

"let's just share the bed. Or else i will take the couch"

"no you don't sleep on the couch! Not untill you're fully healed"

"speaking of healing... I don't remember taking the medicine!'' Jimin said shocked and worried. "oh no"

"i took them, i have them in my backpack, don't worry" Yoongi chuckled and ruffled Jimin's hair.

"what would i do without you.."

"Luckily you don't have to worry about that now. Because you do have me!"

"yes i do, and i am very happy with you" jimin hugged the other and they stood like that for a few minutes before deciding to unpack the boxes together. Making space for all Jimin's things alongside yoongi's.

---

Thank you for reading again! See you in the next chapterrr~

🌼🌼🌼