Chapter Thirty-Five 'Set Free.'

Listening to the loud speakers playing the Nazareth's Love Hurts, I laughed alongside Sam and Dean as we sat on the lounge and smoked. We were all on a break and having a smoke and a bit of a chat. I didn't smoke often and I never bought them myself, but when I was offered one, I never declined it.

"So I see you've hooked up with the Izzy Stradlin, whatever happened between you and Slash?" Dean blows out the smoke and questions. Staring down at the cigarette held in between my fingertips, the smile that was once on my face had vanished.

"I had a change of heart. I don't respect cheaters, and will never let myself be burnt by the same person for a second time." I reply. This brought silence among the three of us. Dean and Sam seemed quite surprised by my answer, but never did they try and belittle me for it. They were much bigger fans of Slash, they preferred the guy over Izzy, guitarist-wise and also person-wise. They were yet to properly meet Izzy, and as I thought, once they did, they would like him as much as Slash if not better.

"Okay." Sam cleared his throat awkwardly. "Fair enough."

As if on cue, a noise sounded and before long in front of us all stood the one and only Slash. His arms were behind his back as he stood shyly. He wore his top hat on his head and his hair stuck out, shielding the top half of his face from view. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a torn Jack Daniels sleeveless shirt.

"Can I talk to Stace alone?" Slash says just loud enough to be heard over the background music. Feeling myself sink further and further into the lounge, I blankly looked away from Slash. I was upset, nervous and disappointed. He couldn't leave me alone to let Izzy mend my heart back together now could he? He couldn't leave me alone for long enough to allow my love for him to go and disappear, it seemed like he wouldn't allow it.

"Um, sure man." Dean agrees, leaving the lounge and having Sam following closely in his tracks. They left to go into the office. The musics volume had been turned down, now it could only faintly be heard.

"Stace?" Slash's nervous sounding voice calls. I kept my eyes away from him, I didn't want to still love him. I loved Izzy, but Slash still somehow captivated a secure spot in my heart.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks, slowly approaching, his heavy footsteps on the concrete sounding. Not bothering to answer, I allowed my eyes to flicker up to Slash, he was now a couple of feet away from me. It was hard to distinguish whether he was looking down at me, especially with his hair in the way of his eyes. Keeping my mouth shut, I looked away again.

"There's nothing to talk about." I then allow to slip from my lips.

"Oh no baby, there's plenty to talk about." Slash murmurs, kneeling in front of me, on arm resting against my knee.

"Oh yeah, what?" I snort, a sly smile plastering across my face.

"Talk about us." He managed to reach out and grasp gently onto my face, making me look at him.

"There is no us!" I correct, the venom in my voice. He always managed to spark the anger out in me. Slash flinched and looked down at my knees. He looked broken, shattered in some way. Well now it was finally hitting him huh? He should have thought about that before he did what he did. At least I kept faithful, even when we weren't actually dating.

"And I know that, I just need to talk about what happened between us and what I did." Slash still says in a calm tone.
Slash let go of my face once he had my attention and swiped his curls from his eyes and mouth, so that I could finally make eye contact with him. His dark mesmerising eyes, staring back at me, pleadingly.

"We don't need to talk about that. We both know clearly what you did! And clearly our relationship was more one-sided!" I grind my teeth, trying to keep calm, as Slash was managing to.