Chapter Twelve 'Civil War'

I stand up as I see Slash and Izzy walk out into the lounge room. Fully clothed, looking as though they were ready to go out.

"What's going on?" I ask intrigued.

"Heading off to the studio. Got recording today." Izzy replies, slumping down onto the lounge. If I didn't know any better, I had practically adopted two house mates.

"Really?" I smile sitting back down on the lounge, as Slash sits beside me and rests his head against my shoulder.

"Yeah, want to tag along? We could always use some fun around the place." Slash whispers.

"No, I'd love to, but I'd be a distraction. Plus why would you we me to come?"

"Cause." Izzy replies.

"Cause?" I tease.

"Shut up, either way you're coming with us whether you like it or not." Izzy sternly states.

He then stands up along with Slash, pulling me off of the lounge and dragging me out to the car.

"I haven't got any shoes on." I point out.

"I'll get them, Slash get her in the car." Izzy commands.

"I ain't your bitch, but whatever." Slash replies.

Slash opens up the suicide door and allows me to get in.

I quickly sat down on the seat and pulled on my seatbelt. Slash looked at me and smirked.

"What?" I ask after hearing the click of the belt.

"Nothing. It's just you're so innocent and good. I mean you wear the safety belt. I don't see other people wear it, only you." He teases.

"I'm not innocent nor am I good. Just think, if we're in a car accident and you aren't wearing a seatbelt, you're gonna be flung through the windscreen and land on the ground. Your body and insides splattering all over the road. And if you're wearing a seat belt, you will be held against the seat. Making sure you won't become roadkill." I state.

Slash looks at me wide eyed, mouth hung open. He looked shocked, as if he didn't expect me to say anything like that.

Izzy soon hopped into the car and handed me back my shoes. He had chosen my high heeled boots. Just the boots I loved.

"W'sup with him?" Izzy questions looking back at Slash. He still looked shocked, he looked more or less frozen in time. Maybe I had somehow traumatised him, I wasn't sure.

"I just told him a reason to wear a seatbelt." I smirk.

"And what was that reason?" Izzy questions looking like he was interested in what I had to say.

"Well if we're in a car accident, a collision or whatever, and you aren't wearing a seatbelt. You're gonna be flung through the windscreen, by the time you break through the glass you'll either be dead or in immense pain. If you survive that, you won't when you splatter against the road. Pieces of your insides possibly all over the road, just like roadkill." I answer. "So I suggest that even if we don't end up in a car accident, wear a seatbelt, it'll save your life." I pat my hand against my seatbelt.

Slash looked horrified while Izzy just gawked at me like he was in pain. I guess that message had gotten to them. Good.

Looking away for a moment, I suddenly heard the clicks of seatbelts before the car started. I gave them a good message, it worked too. Well I'd already been in one accident, and I didn't want to think about it. It was too scary and too painful to think about.