Chapter Nineteen 'Duty of Care'

The sound of a door slammed startling both Izzy and myself. We were both still high from previously, well we were on the last couple of hours until we were to come back down to normal again. To face reality.

“What the fuck?!” Slash’s voice echoed across the room.

“Slash my man! Join us dude.” Izzy cheers from beside me on the lounge. I watched as Slash slowly walked over towards us, he looked like an angel sent down from the heavens. Slash’s eyes flickered from Izzy to myself then towards the syringes on the coffee table in front of us. Even though I was high and my mind practically wasn’t there or was away on a holiday. I could still see the rage in his eyes. He looked furious, as though a pair of devil horns replaced the halo that was above his head, allowing the horns to grow to their full extent out of his forehead. It was kind of intimidating, even I had to admit that.

“You gave her heroin?! You gave Stacey fuckin’ heroin? A fuckin’ drug?!” Slash yells, his olive complexion changing to a peachy colour as he glared daggers at Izzy.

“Slash. Calm down, Stacey agreed. Anyways it is to help with my addiction.” Izzy calmly says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“Oh, to help your fuckin’ addiction? So how does that work? Are you gonna hand over your addiction to Stacey than go sober?!” He frantically threw his hands up in the air.

“Don’t worry Slash, it’s okay. I agreed to do this.” I giggle reaching out and flowing my hand down the side of his thigh. Yeah I was high, I didn’t do that to anyone. Especially not when I’m sober.

“Are you fucked in the head Stacey? This shit will kill you! You will get fuckin’ addicted, don’t you get it?” Slash swatted my hand away and turned towards me, he was enraged.

“No it won’t! Izzy gave me a safe portion, so don’t get your knickers in a knot.” I cross my arms leaning back into the chair. Izzy’s arm still managed to stick around me.

“You’re one stupid girl Stacey! You’ll get hooked I can see it. Now I am in no fuckin’ mood to deal with you right now! So when you are ready and no longer high, come and find me.” Slash stormed off down the hallway, slamming a door as if he owned the place. I had every right to kick both of these men out. That was only if I really wanted to, but no that was something I wasn’t interested in.

“What crawled up his arse and died?” I ask, turning my head to face Izzy’s.

“Dunno. Just think the bastard is either jealous or very protective of you. But shit, you’ll be fine. You’re with me.” He nudged his nose into the crook of my neck, causing me to giggle hysterically.

“Yeah I’ll be fine. I got you Izz and if he isn’t happy with that and my choices he can go sulk in somebody else’s house.” I huff closing my eyes.

“That’s damn right! This is our place!” Izzy exclaims. Men and their dominance. Thinking they own everything. Neither of them owned this house, I did.

Once we slowly began to come down from the high, my head spun and my stomach turned. I wanted to vomit. So this was the downside? Once you’ve come down you want to be sick, you have a strange kind of withdraw, as though your body is demanding more drugs to be put into your system and it's  saying 'well in the meantime I’m going to make you sick'.

“I think I’m gonna be sick.” I curse aloud jumping from the lounge, my head was spinning and aching all at the same time. Whilst at the same time, my stomach was bringing up the things I had planned on keeping down. Clamping my right hand over my mouth, I groggily stumbled into the hallway. Everything was in two's and it seemed as though the place was no longer beautiful, as though it was a dark, grim hell-hole.