➿〰️🔆Need🔆〰️➿

❤️Kaylee POV❤️

********Five months later*******

I have learned that life has a funny way of letting you do things that you said you would never do.

If you told me two years ago that I would be a stepmother to an unborn child I would laugh in your face.

Curio came to my house a few days later and explained everything to me in detail.

I forgive him because for one he was under the influence two I know exactly what it's like to have lingering feelings for your first love.

And also technically we weren't together.

he assured me that Aaliyah is nothing but a thing of the past and I am his future he assured me that he is now in love with me and not her yes he cares for her and his unborn child however I am the woman that he wants to be with and he promised me that he will do everything to prove to me that, that is what I am to him.

Aaliyah was in the hospital for about two months it appears she has some cysts that have been growing inside her uterus and that is causing complications in her pregnancy.

He visits her once a week and takes money to her mother so that she and the child can be taken care of.

However, it seems that something about the entire situation does not sit right with him so he keeps her at a distance and mostly communicates with her through her mother.

he got a job at a call center in Portmore called ibex so that he would be able to maintain himself and his child.

He started college in September and he's currently on Christmas break.

despite all the challenges that we face we were able to fully enjoy our summer and I can say it was the best summer of my life.

I even now made new friends for most of the summer it has been me Caleb Curio, Liam, Shaneequa, and Liam's girlfriend Khaila.

His other friends will join us occasionally whenever we're on the ends at Liam's house however when we are going out it's just us six.

I really do gravitate towards Khaila's soul She's such a warm and beautiful person it's unexplainable she's very kind and welcoming and you can have a great conversation with her.

So it was easy for me to relax a become friends with her.

Curio left for two days in the summer to work with his uncle in Mobay.

And came back with a bag!

He decided to take all of us to a hotel to enjoy the last days of summer with his newfound wealth.

It was a long journey to the Oceanside hotel in Negril from Spanish town.

However once in the hotel lobby, I feel the stress of traveling begin to decompress and evaporate.

The foliage of the lobby rises in organic swirls, relaxing to the eye and soul.

The lobby has a clean efficiency, yet is welcoming all the same.

The place was illuminated with a soft and welcoming light as if it were sunshine in a gentle pastel hue.

At that moment I completely forget about my real life.

I was not going to be a stepmom at 17 to my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend whom he still possibly could be in love with.

I was not an introvert that doesn't have many friends and stayed locked in my room not giving a shit about what was going on in the world.