〰️🔆The letter Continue🔆〰️

Please Vote❤️

Continuation.........

I arrived at the AC hotel and a dark slender man that looks to be in his late thirties came out and asked if I was Kaylee Lambert, I said yes and he walked with me to a conference room where Everton and his assistant were already sitting in.

I took a seat across from him and looked around admiring the room as we wait.

"Auuum.... Mr.Thomas I wanted to ask you something, T-Bone ehhhem mh, I mean Jermain said something about me helping him to become the don?" I asked

"Oh, yes, I know what it is , however, that's not legal dealings," he said

"Well? I want to know all the same" I said coaching him with my hands to continue.

"The gang has a way of passing down leadership, if no one is Appointed leader by the end of the year that the current leader turns Fifty, the first married son is automatically the heir,

They will be responsible for the Daily Runnings of the Gang however as long as the original leader is still alive, they have to answer to them until their passing day.

"So when I marry him he will be the first married son?"

"Yes" he said

I was now lost in my own thoughts.

My eyes caught a painting on the wall

It was a beautiful expression of ideas and emotions.

The aesthetic qualities of the abstract artwork were absolutely amazing and somewhat satisfying to look at.

The elements of this painting from shapes, lines, colors, tones, and textures, this is such amazing artwork I would love to have something this satisfying to look at in my room.

"Ms.Lambert, I see you are admiring your father's work," Cripton said walking into the room with four other men along with Jermain.

My heart suddenly start to race, the images of Crip killing in front of me were now on replay as I watched them move around the Room.

Two of the men walked to each corner of the room and one stood at the window while the fourth man sat next to Mr. Wong at the long conference table.

My palms are sweating and I can feel my chest getting tight, I started to sing sweet but crazy in my head to gain some level of control over my anxiety.

I was calming down a little and the words that he spoke earlier just started to register.

Jermain was the last to take a seat and I moved my focus from him and the others back to Mr.Wong.

"My father did that?" I asked in astonishment.

"Yes and several others like it, he loved beauty so he expressed himself in art" he said with a bright smile

If I didn't see this man transformed into a monster and kill a man in cold blood, I wouldn't believe it if you told me.

"Now let's get to business," he said wiping the smile off his face and is now wearing a serious expression.

He stretched his hands out to the man next to him and he handed him some documents.

"You will be turning 18 tomorrow, am I correct ?"

"Yes" I said swallowing a big lump that formed in my throat.

Why did I suddenly start to feel nervous?

"The wedding will be in May then, give you guys a little time to court, if after six months you don't wish to continue the marriage you are free to leave, any questions" he said stretching papers for me to sign

"Ah auuum, do you have any other sons? Respectfully Mr. Wong sir" I asked internally face-palming myself to how stupid I sounded.

"Yes I do, however, he has no interest in being in an arranged marriage" he answered politely.

"Okay" was my simple reply

Girl a the don weh yuh manners!

"Sir..... okay sir, sorry"I added

Oh god you're a mess, at least him no look like him ago kill yuh.

"Is that all?" He ask

"What's his name, just curious, I have never heard of him" I ask genuinely curious

"Him name Jamar and him no wah married so come off a that now nuh" Jermain said

"Dog bone, I mean Tbone I was speaking to your senior," I said pointing at Crip.

A when yuh find casket weh yuh like?

"His name is Jamar Wong, you will meet him at the wedding" crip said.

"Okay thank you" I said.

Everton handed over some papers for us to add our signatures to.

We had small conversations and then the meeting ended.

I was outside waiting for my taxi when

T-Bone walked over to me.

"I thought you left," I said.

I no longer fear his presence it simply just annoys me now.

"Need a ride home?" He said

"No," I said

"Stay deh play hard to get miss Kaylee, we faith sealed," he said then walked away.

I want to find out who this Jamar person is and try to make him a deal, I can't marry Jermain I just can't.

Please remember to vote ❤️❤️

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️