Chapter 2

LISA

At 9 a.m. I woke up, feeling a little groggy. I had a weekend there and could sleep in, but I didn't.

I sighed, rubbing my half-closed eyes. Definitely too early...

I climbed out of bed in two steps and stretched my whole body, hearing the cracking sound of one or two joints. Sometimes I really felt like an old woman...

The next moment I walked out of my room into the bathroom down the hall.

I tied myself in a bun, brushed my teeth and splashed water on my face for a moment.

With my shorts and top on the way, I headed down the stairs towards the kitchen.

I would just make myself a fried egg and bacon, just the classic way.

In the kitchen I turned on the radio to get a little mood on a Saturday morning, because I still noticed the dull tiredness and didn't want to sleep over the kitchen table again, which would cause the eggs and bacon to stew.

I speak from experience... unfortunately.

I cracked the eggs on the edge of the pan and let them flow into the pan with the melted butter. Meanwhile, I let the bacon sizzle in the other pan, which slowly made me hungry.

"Smells good." Suddenly a deep voice sounded behind me, which made me startle.

With a spatula in hand, I turned around quickly and saw green shimmering eyes.

"Unfortunately, you won't scare anyone with that."

The fascinating girl in front of me pointed to my weapon, which unfortunately wasn't as effective as I had hoped.

"Don't know how you can know that, have you ever tried to kill someone with something like that? I did, it worked."

I waved the part in front of me in the air. Of course I hadn't killed anyone, but how was she supposed to know.

"Certainly."

The girl in front of me slowly leaned against the frame of the door and eyed me, which I did like her. She was an attractive woman, early 20s at most. She had shimmering green eyes and slightly wavy brown hair that looked pretty soft. Her jaw stuck out slightly, not to mention her arms were pumped full of muscle that almost made me stare. Suspectingly, she probably hid a six-pack under this unfortunately non-transparent black shirt.

I didn't go for big muscle packs that looked like closets, but what I was offered here was perfect!

"Done with staring or should I change my position again?"

Her expression wasn't really changed, as you know it from most of them who then grin confidently. On the contrary. Her lips remain only a line and her face remained just as emotionless, not even her eyes betrayed anything.

I immediately looked into her eyes. What was she thinking?

"Of course, it's best to undress and then I'd like to see a strip show, I don't have anything better to do on a Saturday at 9 o'clock. It would be great if you just do it behind that wall and leave my house while you're about to take off your shirt." I said as friendly and serious as I could, although the friendly was more of an attempt.

"Are you always so cheeky?"

"Are you always so arrogant and self-absorbed?"

"Isn't the best example in front of me?"

"If you put a mirror in front of yourself, then yes."

Our heated counter-arguments were interrupted by another person appearing in the frame.

"Dad, this girl broke in!" I started hysterically.

My father gave me a confused look before patting the girl on the shoulder. What was going on here?

"It's not a burglar, Lis. This is your new bodyguard Jennie Kim."

"Exactly, Lis." This time she let a small grin crawl across her lips.

That's right, something happened yesterday... I thought it was a silly dream at first, but now it seemed to have happened...

I narrowed my eyes at her, hoping in my heart that she would be blown apart...

Really nobody except my father had the right to it.

"I don't need a babysitter, I'm old enough."

My father rolled his eyes and sighed. "She's your bodyguard and not your babysitter, we've come of age, haven't we, Lis?"

"But not such an arrogant-"

"Lalisa!" My father cut me off before I could utter any insults, too bad actually.

"You will please treat Ms. Kim with respect, after all she is here for your safety. So behave yourself!"

"But-"

Before I could say anything else, my father left the kitchen.

"Oh before I forget," I looked up hopefully when my father returned. "You let the eggs and the bacon burn."

With wide eyes I turned around and saw smoke coming out of the pan. "Crap!"

I immediately turned off the stove and took the pan off the plate.

"You can't cook either, what can you even do?"

I turned to Jennifer, or whatever her name was, angrily.

"Listen Jennifer-"

"Jennie or Miss Kim."

"Listen, Jennie, you don't know me and you can't judge me one bit. I don't know how much you're getting for this job, but just quit. I don't need a bodyguard and certainly not someone like you!"

A harsh laugh erupted, but one couldn't really speak of joy.

"Lali, I work for your father and I earn quite well, why should I refuse?"

"Then I'll just fire you."

"Only your father can do that and he won't be too happy if you try to fire the best bodyguard just like that."

"You and the best? In which country do you live?"

She rolled her eyes and grumbled briefly. "Where do you think you live because obviously we are literally in the same area currently."

I snorted unceremoniously and turned back around. To hell with this idiot!

Luckily, the bacon was only slightly burned and the eggs... well, from time to time one should do without eggs. So I sat at the table with a rather less tasty meal and tried to swallow it down.

Jennie was gone again, good thing.

To be honest I wouldn't call her by her last name, that shows too much respect. Something I definitely didn't have with her. I sighed and left the fork on the plate. This is how my long-awaited Saturday began.