Chapter 56

JENNIE

"Where have you been?" Liam looked at me expectantly. 

"Up" I pointed upwards. 

"I wanted to see if she was still there." Liam nodded while Anthony gave a small grin. He shouldn't be laughing like that. I still had an unfinished business with him. 

"Jennie, we should talk a little." Liam began. 

"Well, I have a point to make straight away. Tell me, are you completely stupid?! You can't just take Lisa with you like that! Hey, I have my work to do and you're not really helping me with it."

"You would never have allowed it." Liam defended himself. 

"That's right. You're making Lisa unstable. You're her brother and you left her years ago. No matter what the reason was, you don't do that, Liam. I didn't say anything back then because you were basically my mentor, but now I just have to do something say. You're endangering the whole job!" Liam fell back a little on the sofa and exhaled heavily.

"I wanted to see my sister again." 

"You could've done everything before or after this job!" 

"Jennie." Anthony tried to interrupt but I didn't let him continue. 

"Anthony, don't even try. You have helped him. Behind my back..." Anthony then said nothing more and looked at the floor. 

"I'm not as mad as you think. I'm just upset. This whole job is just nerve-wracking." I touched my forehead before standing up. I needed a glass of water. 

When I got to the kitchen I looked for the cupboard with the glasses for a few seconds until I found it. There was a water bottle on the table, so I immediately grabbed it. When I took the first sips, I noticed that my throat no longer burned too much. Yelling had its disadvantages...  

"Hey..." I heard a quiet whisper behind me. 

"Why aren't you upstairs, Lisa?" I recognized her voice immediately.

"I heard you scream." 

"Well, that was-" 

"You screamed." 

"Okay." I admitted defeat. Lisa turned toward the door. Anthony and Liam could be heard talking. 

"This house is far too noisy." I nodded in confirmation. When she turned back, she looked at me with her pitying look. 

"Oh no." 

"Why did we have to stay here? We could have booked a hotel room or slept in the car." I looked at my girlfriend with raised eyebrows. 

"Did Lalisa Manoban just suggest sleeping in the car? The Lalisa Manoban?" She looked at me, rolling her eyes.

"Everything is better than with him. Liam is an idiot when it comes to people who hit on me. In the 9th grade, a boy invited me to go to the ball with him. He was a really nice person. My brother, however, had to humiliate him so much when he didn't bring me bole but water because there was no more bole." I laughed slightly as she told me about it, completely outraged. 

"It's just not nice when I can't hug my lover or get closer in any way without my brother tearing both of our asses apart. Even if you were in my room for more than 5 minutes he would become suspicious." 

"Well a quickie would be possible at this time." She stared at me with her mouth open. 

"Don't support that. We would never be able to do that." 

"Are you sure?" I asked her teasingly. I loved teasing her. 

"What would you never be able to do?" Liam entered the room and looked at us both expectantly. 

"Uh.." We both started stuttering.

"We... we would never be able to jump out of a 4 meter high house without breaking something." Lisa rattled off. 

"Exactly," I confirmed quickly. Liam looked at us confused. 

"How do you come up with something like that?" Lisa and I just shrugged. 

"It's our daily thought or something like that." Liam walked past both of us toward the refrigerator. 

"Do you want to eat something? I'm starting to get hungry." Lisa and I both nodded at the same time. Somehow I had completely forgotten that I was hungry. 

"Lasagne? I still have some frozen." 

"Gladly." 

Anthony came into the room and looked at all of us. 

"I heard there's something to eat?" Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. 

"When there's food involved, you're on fire, aren't you?" 

"Always, baby."