Chapter 40

LISA

I was woken up by a muffled noise. I stretched briefly before reaching for my right side. But instead of finding Jennie there, I only found the paintwork and the ceiling. I could still feel the slight warmth of the paint, which is why I knew immediately that Jennie couldn't be gone for long. 

Sighing, I stood up and looked at the window. The blinds were still down and only a hint of sun could shine through. A voice was heard. Jennie's voice. 

I got up and quietly left the room. I followed her voice as it led me to the living room. As I looked around more closely, I recognized Jennie at the window. It seemed she was on the phone. 

"It can not go on like that! No, we won't do that. We have to do things differently. Charly, we're not out there yet. I don't know how long this will last. Madison? Yes... yes, she is here - Of course she is here, where else would she be? - No, not here with me. She's upstairs. Sleeping. No, we haven't, Charly! No, I'm definitely not telling you about it! Yes-yes, see you then!" She put her phone aside and sighed. 

Without making myself noticeable, I padded into the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard. 

"You are already awake?" I heard Jennie's voice say behind me, making me jump for a moment. 

"What do you mean? I basically took a nap." I laughed lightly before putting the glass under the tap. 

"That's right. How long have you been here? Did I wake you up? Did you hear anything?" I immediately shook my head. 

"I just came down. My throat just couldn't take it anymore." I took a sip and put the glass down off again. 

Jennie smiled carefully at me before taking a few steps towards me again. 

"You look so incredibly cute when you're overslept." She whispered in my ear. 

Goosebumps appeared and made me breathe quietly and weakly. Jennie turned my world upside down, that was clear.  

She kissed from my ear along my cheek to my chin. She started circling my lips with kisses from her chin that it was driving me crazy.

"Jennie." I whined and tried to persuade her somehow. 

"Am I annoying someone?" I nodded immediately. Jennie grinned briefly before placing her lips gently on mine. 

"Better?" She whispered as she pulled away from me briefly. 

"Mhm." I grumbled. 

"What else are we doing that's great today?" I asked curiously, turning away from Jennie. 

"You tell me." She spoke calmly. It was clear again. As if Jennie would even give it a second thought. 

"You're just too lazy." 

"I'm protecting you. You call that lazy?" She talked indignantly and placed her hands on the table. 

"Well protecting isn't the right word, is it?" I goaded her. 

Revenge is sweet, as the saying goes. 

"You're going for it, princess." +

"I'm not a princess." 

"Sure, princess?" Rolling my eyes, I turned away for the second time. Sometimes Jennie was definitely too childish. 

"You and I both know that you actually like the name." 

"If you say so- Now, what do we do today? Any idea, Ms. I'm-too-lazy-to-think." 

"How about a movie?" Jennie asked me, making small circles on the tabletop. 

"Movie sounds a lot better. But what do you want to watch?" I asked curiously. 

"Let fate decide." She briefly scrolled around on her cell phone, which made me suspicious. 

What was she doing? Suddenly she put her phone down and looked around. She took out a dice from a small cup on the shelf in the wall. 

"There are exactly 6 movies today. The dice decides what we watch." 

"Which movies?" 

"1: Time Of Happiness, 2: Avengers, 3: Maya The Bee, 4: Hanna 5: Only With You 6: War 2." 

Jennie listed all 6 things before looking back at me. 

"So? Any favorites?"  

"As long as it's not the Avengers." I said, shrugging my shoulders briefly. 

"Avengers is probably cool." Jennie defended the movie. 

"I see..." 

"1... 2... 3."

Jennie threw the dice into the air. It spun a few times before hitting the tabletop. For several seconds it continued to move, it continued to turn. Then it came to a stop. 

"3: Maya The Bee." 

"We're watching Maya The Bee..."