Chapter 21

LISA

Jennie opened the door of the apartment so I could quickly go inside.

"We're leaving tomorrow." She said bluntly which made me look over at her.

"How so?"

But I didn't get an answer because she just walked past me into the kitchen.

Why was she offended now? I should be! She is the one who yelled at me!

So without a word I went to my bed and sat on it, I didn't really feel like changing my clothes in any way, which is why I lay back in my bed immediately after this train of thought and pulled my blanket over me. Jennie doesn't care anyway, it seems to me, which is why I didn't pay any more attention to her in the first place, but simply turned off the light on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Lalisa?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw my father's familiar face.

"Dad?!" The man in front of me grinned briefly before shaking his head.

"What kind of a monster did I create up..." He sighed, which made me puzzled.

"But- What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"You look like your mom and yet you are the complete opposite of her, I don't understand how Miss Kim puts up with you. Even I didn't make it, why do you think you were taken away?" He said spitefully.

"Who are you and what have you done to my father?!" I screamed and tried to put some distance between him and me.

"You're disgusting, Lalisa, maybe you had a better childhood because of our money but don't think you're better, you're one of the nasty kind and I hope Jennie will say that to your face one day."

"She already has." I said hurt and decided not to look this monster in the image of my father anymore.

"Oh, believe me, that's not all she's dying to say to your face. She despises you, she hates you, you disgust her. She does it all for the money, do you think she cares about you?"

"I don't care! I hate her just as much!" I tried to say convincingly.

"Oh, are you doing that? You're not stupid, so why did you stay in Moscow when you could have been gone long ago? You wanted her to look for you, you wanted her to worry, to tease her a little. Didn't seem to get the reaction you wanted though, did it? Except for the sweater, it didn't do you any good except for more contempt."

I looked down at my sweater, it was Jennie's...

"That's not true!"

"You've never handled criticism, not even when people don't like you and you like them."

"What's the point of all this?"

The monster laughed and sat on my bed, meanwhile I was no longer in the apartment but in my old room.

"Look around, everywhere valuables, expensive things and material things but where in the room do you see a single photo of you and friends or family?"

"I just didn't want any here!"

"Liar. You just don't have any. You don't have any friends and your family doesn't exist either. Your father doesn't love you, I don't love you, your mother doesn't love you. If they could see you now, they would be ashamed. They would want to undo everything, your birth, everything. You are a disgrace to your whole family. Your dad can't even love you because you're so awful and you think Jennie might like her?"

"Jennie is an idiot and a wimp! I hate her."

"We both know you don't."

The character aka my father took an object out of his suit jacket and played with it.

"Just end it here and now." He said

A small beam of light let me see the object, it was a knife.

"No, I will not!" I said it with self-confidence, but it failed miserably.

"If you can't, then why not your mother or Jennie?"

Confused, I looked at the door that opened. Two figures came in.

"Mom! Jennie! Help me!" I screamed but the people didn't do anything.

"You are a disgrace." My mother's beloved voice spoke, but it didn't sound anything like it did back then.

"I hate you." Was the next thing I noticed, this time from Jennie.

"If you can't do it, then we'll do it." The man in front of me laughed.

All three slowly approached me.

"No! Go away! Leave me alone!" I screamed and tried to push myself against the wall.