Chapter 20

LISA

Bored, I looked at the various shop windows. One dress after the other appeared and left me clearly stunned. Moscow probably had much more creative designers.

I hadn't noticed that it was already getting dark. The streets were emptier than before and only isolated people stepped up in me. Only the passing cars on the street have noises.

I exhaled, a little disappointed that, for better or for worse, I have to go back to Jennie. Actually, I could have just run away, but I found Moscow far too beautiful to leave, even if I have to marvel at it with the most hated people.

I turned my back on the beautiful things and walked along the pedestrian route.

Jennie is probably more than angry now, but why did I care? She was just plain annoying and grossly exaggerated her role miles.

As I turned onto the next street, I noticed something wet on my nose. I looked up confused and got another drop in my eye.

"This isn't happening seriously now, is it?" I hissed angrily.

Why is it raining right now? It was definitely 25 minutes to the hotel.

Annoyed, I started to run and that was certainly harder than I had expected. The raindrops flew faster and faster to the ground, which is why more and more drops fell on me.

The people who were still on the streets either had an umbrella, a shelter or ran just like me. Although I could also stand under something, a dull feeling told me that it would take much longer than if I walked through the rain.

I exhaled annoyed and looked around. I was extremely cold and soaking wet from head to toe. My teeth chattered while my skin had goosebumps.

"It'll give me a bad cold." I sighed as I walked on, but the difference now was that my legs ached from the cold. They were numb and chafed from wet pants.

"Lalisa?" I heard my name so I looked up in a flash.

"Jennie?!"

Jennie looked at me from a black Audi. On the one hand she seemed angry but also somehow relieved.

"Get in immediately."

Although I didn't like this harsh way, I didn't want to stand in the cold any longer. So I nodded quickly and got in the car. It was significantly warmer and let me exhale briefly.

"You're soaking wet." She spoke and looked down at me.

"Yes, happens when it rains." Annoyed, she rolled her eyes before pulling her sweater over her head.

"What are you doing??" I asked hysterically.

"Well, what do you think, I'll give you my sweater since you're completely soaked, I don't need sick people on this trip."

Luckily Jennie had a top underneath which showed off her perfect cleavage.

"All right." I grumbled.

I was about to take off my shirt when I stopped. In a flash, I looked at Jennie, who was scrutinizing me.

"Are you gonna look away or is there something else?" I hissed.

"Yeah yeah." She says curtly before turning around.

"Well thank you." I mumbled and quickly took off my shirt.

When I put the sweater on, I immediately felt comfortable and without really showing it, I cuddled into the sweater.

When Jennie noticed that I had changed, she turned around and started the engine.

"I'm freaking mad at you, do you realize that?" She spoke slowly, concentrating on the road in front of her.

"Have you missed me already or what's up?"

Actually, I was very well aware that I would dig my own grave like this, but who was she asking to ultimately determine that?

"Why can't you be normal for once in life? Why do you have to be so bitchy, arrogant and selfish? You're not so stupid that you don't even notice what kind of shit you're doing here. I have a job to take care of you, I have to make sure you survive and how do you thank me? By acting like a 5 year old and not even doing what you're told. To be honest, I'm starting to get tired of your constant complaints, I just don't feel like you anymore."

She yelled at me, yes, she yelled at me, with her dull, raspy voice she just let the words throw in my face.

Actually I wanted to achieve all that, I didn't want to have her with me, I just wanted to have her gone, scare her away. And now? Now that I'm about to achieve it, I don't want it the way I used to. Somehow it hurt me...

I would have always responded carelessly to such attacks but well... now everything was kind of strange, I cared what she said to me, how she said it to me hurt me, she hurt me.

So I sat silently next to her and kept my mouth shut for that very moment, something I hadn't done in a long time.

Then I would just play the offended brat, I didn't really care, she didn't have the right to yell at me so rudely, I wasn't one of her family members, neither a friend who she could deal with like that, I was something like her boss and people don't usually yell at the boss.

So there was silence for the whole trip, only the motzt and the raindrops that were pattering on the window made noises. She hadn't even turned on the radio, which I didn't understand at all. Did she want me to feel even more uncomfortable?

In general I asked myself who the car belonged to, it definitely didn't belong to Jennie and borrowing one that quickly was probably very unlikely, but my pride was too great to just throw in the towel because of my curiosity that had arisen. So I just continued to stare out in silence.