Chapter 70

JENNIE

I took Anthony up to my room. What I had to discuss with him was not intended for other ears.

"And how was the dream walk?" Anthony asked, laughing.

"She tried to kiss me." He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Did you- did you kiss her?"

"No, of course not!" Anthony breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well, I can't see how you're destroying your relationship with Lisa." I blinked several times, confused.

"Huh, what? I'm destroying the relationship? Who cheated on me and then got pregnant!?" I said a little louder. Was he really on her side now?

"Jennie... you made her so insecure with Bella. - Okay, I made her very insecure too. She felt like number 2, less valued and I think her self-confidence also suffered. I only spoke well about Bella, her as your 'true love' and I realize that that wasn't okay of me. I wasn't entitled to that. She wants to be the only one for you, Jennie."

"But that's what she is. She's the only one for me..." I sighed.

"But Damon's child-" ​​

"Jennie!" Anthony shouted angrily.

"What?!" He burst out laughing.

"The child is not Damon's. It was never Damon's."

"What, did she have another guy?!" I exclaimed in shock.

Anthony clapped his hands over his face.

"No, you idiot. It is yours. It was always yours. It couldn't have been anyone else and you were the only one."

"But she has-"

"Yeah, because you broke up with her 3 seconds before!" I breathed louder in shock.

"Shit... - so- so she's carrying my child?"

"Yes, you produced that, you idiot."

"Oh gosh..."

"Yes." Anthony breathed out.

"Jennie, something is wrong here."

"I know." I said thoughtfully.

"Something is very wrong here. Bella is acting strange. She says things that aren't true. Something is clearly wrong here. She asked me about everything. I lied most of the time. She also wanted to know a lot about Lisa. I said she wasn't special to me." Anthony nodded.

"How did she react to the kiss rejection?" I laughed out.

"She looked like she had been knocked over by a truck. I said that after so many years I couldn't do it and that I needed time. I don't want her to get suspicious. I won't do anything to her, keep her at a distance but I need time to put the puzzle pieces together." 

"Unfortunately we don't have that..." 

"I know." I said quickly. 

"Please write down anything that you notice. Every piece of information is important!" Anthony nodded. 

"Jennie, where are you?!" Rolling my eyes, I looked at the door which slammed open 2 seconds later. 

"I told you I needed Anthony's help." She looked around my room curiously. 

"What is that?" I turned around, confused. Lisa's shirt was still on the bed. Damn. 

"Oh, that's... that's..."

"This is mine! The journey was long and I urgently needed to change. Jennie offered me his room because the toilet was occupied." Rylie said behind Bella. 

"Yes." I confirmed and smiled at Bella. 

"Oh right. I thought that was Lisa's shirt. Is Manoban actually Korean?" I looked at her confused. 

"What makes you think that?" Bella shrugged her shoulders. 

"Just thought of it." 

"Oh, yes, we'll be right there, we'll just get my clothes together." Bella just nodded and left the room. I waited until both of them were audibly down. 

"Did you just notice something?" I asked Anthony. He shook his head in confusion. 

"Does Bella know Lisa's last name?" Anthony's eyes widened. 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I nodded.

"Bella knew far more than we thought." 

"Come on, let's go back downstairs. Maybe she'll slip something out of her mouth again?" 

"I'm coming in a second." Anthony nodded and left the room. 

I turned around and looked at the t-shirt on the bed. Slowly walked towards it before sitting down next to it and picking it up. I smelled the shirt. Definitely Lisa's scent. I smelled it a second time. This time I closed my eyes and imagined her. Right in front of me. 

"I'll find you." I whispered into the t-shirt before opening my eyes again. 

She was gone.