Chapter 22

LISA

"Lisa! Damn it, wake up!

Hands and a voice snapped me out of the worst dream I've had in a long time.

I jumped up, startled, and looked into Jennie's beautiful eyes, turning off an unexpected worry.

"Why did you want to kill me?" Were my first words addressed to Jennie.

Visibly confused, she walked a few steps away from my bed, which was actually a shame. Even if I had dreamed of her, even if she wanted to kill me, this dream that seemed so real only became unreal when I felt Jennie close to me.

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

I looked at the said person, shaking a little. Her captivating eyes made me forget, forgetting that she just wanted me dead.

Actually, I didn't want to stare at her, but there was no other way.

"What happened then?" She asked completely confused which I understood by the best will in the world, if I had found her like that I would probably be confused too.

"My father..." I spoke up slowly, reminding me of his face, the person who looked like my father but wasn't.

"He was talking to me and he wanted me to die, it was all so weird... t-then you showed up and my mom. You two wanted to do the same... b-because you despise me, because you hate me." I said bitterly.

This self-doubt didn't suit me at all and certainly not in front of Jennie.

"Your father doesn't hate you, neither does your mom and I wouldn't call it hating."

I could have thought of that myself. I didn't know why I thought like that, but it bothered me a little that she hated me or something like that. I just didn't know it from people and if I did, then they had never told me.

"Don't, Jennie."

I got off the bed and walked around, right past Jennie. I was really after a tea and some boring, not half funny series muted. My tiredness was completely gone and I just felt miserable, awake and miserable.

"What are you up to?" I heard the voice behind me, which briefly gave me goosebumps. She actually followed me.

"You're welcome to go to bed, I'll be fine." - I really was.

Considering my condition, I was doing quite well.

"You can forget that. I hate to have your father blame me for your desperate suicide later on."

"Sure, suicide."

Killing wasn't really my plan, I wasn't that ill and certainly not depressed.

"Sit on the sofa, find a movie, a series or whatever. I'll get tea- and chocolate."

My eyes immediately began to shine.

"Chocolate?" Jennie nodded and pointed to the sofa.

"Just sit down and don't say anything." Nodding, I did as she said and made my way onto the sofa while she made her way to the kitchen.

"That doesn't make any sense! The explosion should have been much bigger." I scoffed at the TV.

"It was just a gas can, Lalisa. Not a gas station, truck or anything else." Jennie pronounced, shaking her head.

"So what? This is an action movie. They get paid to bang it properly." I grumbled.

"That shouldn't look unreal just because you want it to bang properly."

"It should!" I said stubbornly and grabbed the chocolate that was on the small table.

"You're just too stubborn..." Jennie sighed next to me and put a blanket over her legs.

"And mine?" I asked when I saw her action.

"Here was only one."

"Well then give it to me."

Jennie, however, did nothing but looked at me with an indefinable look.

"Nope."

"You're mean"

"Maybe, but you're bitchy and stubborn."

"Says the asshole." I grumbled.

Although Jennie's pullover was quite comfortable, the warmth that was there shortly after I put it on was gone in the meantime and it was getting colder and colder.

"I'm cold, Jennie." I immediately started yelling again.

One of my many talents was complaining and nagging, not to mention annoying.

"Then get yourself a blanket."

"Can't you get it?"

"Do I look like your servant?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up, Lisa." She grumbled and leaned further back.

"Please, Jennie."

"Shut up and get it yourself."

"Plea-"

"Okay okay, but just shut up and watch the damn movie." I smiled contentedly, I won.

"See, wasn't that difficult?" I said as she walked past me back to her seat.

Luckily for me, I sat right next to the window front and looked at Moscow at night for months. This fascinated me even a few times more than this cheap production of film on TV.

Lots of cars drove along the streets, they honked, sped, chugged or just stood still. On the facades of the houses I could see lots of little lights coming out of the windows. Some were dark, others were still so bright people could see them for miles.

"Are you still watching the film?" I heard Jennie ask. With a quick shake of my head, I made her a clear 'no' without taking my head off the beautiful view.

Due to the beautiful, quiet view, I was slowly getting tired and my eyes also showed me this. They closed slowly so that it was difficult for me to keep them open. So I slowly fell into a deep sleep.