Chapter 11

LISA

I was shaking all over while looking at the door...

Thank God this was interrupted by the opening door. Dad and Jennie both stepped out and appeared unharmed, which regulated my breathing quite a bit.

"Hello, my dear." My dad said out of breath in front of the back seat.

"Are you all right?" I asked worried. I knew at first glance that he wasn't actually injured, but you could never know for sure if you weren't wrong.

"Yes, don't worry, I had barricaded myself." I nodded slowly and looked at the street we were driving along at breakneck speed.

"Your dad said we would fly to Moscow today." I looked at Jennie with wide eyes.

"Today? Moscow? We wanted to leave?" At the last sentence, I turned to my father.

"Yes, you two will fly to Moscow." Confused, I tried to turn completely to my father but this failed disapprovingly.

"And what about you? You're not getting away." He denied this with a shake of his head.

"I have to stay here and work." I held my breath in disappointment.

"We would be attacked and the only thing you care about is your work?! Typical!" I rolled right back in my seat and looked out the window sadly.

"Lisa, I have to keep working or I'll seem weak. Don't worry, I've got myself a security team who will watch me around the clock and take care of me. Meanwhile I'll go to Aunt Aria. I've already called her and that's it It's all agreed. They're not literally after me, that would be too easy. They want you, darling, and I just can't let that happen."

Without looking at him, I slowly nodded and sighed.

"So we're taking you to Aunt Aria now?"

"Not quite, one of my security guards is waiting behind back street, from there he will drive me and you two will drive to the airport. The flights have been rebooked and you have to be on the plane in 2 hours."

"2 hours??" Jennie nodded from the driver's seat before refocusing on the road.

"Don't worry, when everything has calmed down, you'll come back, it won't be long."

Although I hadn't really accepted flying to Moscow alone with Jennie and leaving my dad here alone, I guess I had no other choice, so I just nodded silently.

The car came to a stop at the side of the road, for those first few seconds nothing happened, I enjoyed that because it was the seconds in which everything seemed so normal to me. No pursuit, no bodyguard and no fear for your own survival.

Dad finally sighed, unbuckled himself, looked ahead of us again and opened the door.

Without asking permission or anything else, I unbuckled my seat belt and got out to my dad's.

He smiled slightly and gently grabbed both of my shoulders.

"This is really bloody serious here, Lisa. Your life is in danger and that's why I ask you to listen to Jennie. She's trying her best to protect you and I trust her in that." He looked at me for a moment before hugging me in his arms.

It was completely unexpected and made me gasp a little. Otherwise it wasn't so cordial either... So why now of all times?

"We will meet again, my daughter." He mumbled before he finally let go of me and walked towards the side street.

"Goodbye, dad." I whispered softly and turned to the car. Jennie eyed me rather conspicuously, but I guess she didn't care that I caught her doing it.

Moping a little, I got back in the car, turned it on and listened to nothing in my ear. Jennie cleared her throat briefly before starting the car and driving off.

There was hopeless silence for a while, at some point Jennie decided to turn on the radio a little. Quiet tones came out of the device and let me murmur the words.

"We'll be there in a moment, I've packed the essentials in a bag."

"The essentials: sweater, shirt, pants, socks, underwear-"

"You were through my underwear?!" I asked indignantly. Just the thought of seeing her in my closet rummaging around in my underwear gave me goosebumps.

"Chill, I just reached in and took something out. I didn't look at them in detail."

"I hope for you..." She gave me a sideways look and sighed once.

"Be glad, if I hadn't done that, you wouldn't have any underwear now."

"Oh yes, how thoughtful of you." I said sarcastically.

Jennie let out a little annoyed groan before pulling into the airport parking lot. When the car came to a stop and Jennie got out, I didn't move a bit.

Meanwhile, Jennie opened the trunk and got the things out. When the trunk closed, peace returned. I immediately closed my eyes and enjoyed the nothing enveloping the car.

"Are you going to get off at some point?"

"Keep your mouth shut." I grumbled and leaned further back.

"Get out, Lalisa, and don't be such a bitch."

"Leave me here, I don't want to go anywhere with you, especially not to Moscow!" I snapped at her.

"Your father is risking his and my life by wanting you to be safe, if they kill you he's next, do you really want that?"

I bit my lip and felt my heart sink. Just the thought of him dying because of me gave me goosebumps.

"Okay." I unbuckled and got out of the black car.

"And now let's go, otherwise we'll miss the flight."

I rolled my eyes annoyed and followed Jennie, who was carrying two backpacks. To be honest, her walk wasn't exactly slow and she let me run a little several times. To hell with her size!

At reception we took off our suitcases and went to check in, luckily for us we were able to board the plane directly as we were relatively late. Some people looked at us a little angrily, but that didn't really matter to me at the moment, after all I had to put up with this puke for a while.