Chapter 47

LISA

The door opened a little and black hair peeked through the crack in the door. 

"Now come in." I said, laughing slightly so as not to let on that I didn't actually feel like laughing. 

Had I really misjudged Jennie? Was she really such a sick stalker? 

"Are you doing well?" Jennie asked after opening the door completely and now standing in the room. 

"Yeah. I just wanted to give you guys a little time." I spoke, playing lightly with my fingers. 

Jennie slowly closed the door behind her and came towards my bed. She rested her weight on one edge of the bed so that the bed sank a little. 

"I know you have questions but I can't answer them yet." 

"When can you do it?" I asked hopefully, waiting for her to give me a close time. 

"I don't know, Lili." I exhaled in disappointment before focusing on this new nickname.

"Lili?" I asked skeptically. 

On the one hand to ask how she came up with it, on the other hand to change the subject. I would get my answers. At the earliest when I had finished the files. 

"Yes." She said sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck. 

Her gaze was lowered, which gave me goosebumps. Was Jennie Kim really embarrassed and nervous around me? 

"How did you come to this?" I looked curiously at her face and noticed her bare face. God, she looked hot... 

"Strangers call you Ms. Manoban, friends call you Lisa, Lali calls you father, what's left? Then I suddenly thought of Lili. It's short, beautiful and hot at the same time. Plus, I'm not a fan of nicknames so yeah..." I looked at her, somewhat surprised. She had put so much thought into just a name? 

"I like it." I said quietly, smiling. 

"I'm pleased." Her grin grew even wider after my sentence.

"Uh, I'll go again then." She said, still embarrassed. 

"Do that. Anthony and you will probably have a lot to talk about. I'll lie down soon and get some rest." Jennie gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. This person should seriously have such bad intentions? 

I didn't understand anything anymore. Not a single piece of the puzzle really fit together. 

Groaning slightly, I turned over in bed. I slowly collected myself and left the comfortable bed. Sleeping was just out of the question, not now. 

Since the documents had really worn me out, I decided not to touch them again today. I would have enough time for it and there was always the danger that Jennie could catch me. I sat down in the comfortable chair in the corner of my room and started reading the book that was on the small table next to it.

JENNIE

I calmly went back down the stairs to find Antony in the living room. 

"So? Does she have anything?" I shook my head and sat back on the sofa. There was a moment of silence before Antony sighed briefly. 

"I know it's none of my business, but how did you two get together?" I immediately noticed that Antony was uncomfortable in some way. 

"If I'm honest... In the really stupidest way." I said laughing slightly while shaking my head slightly. 

"We could never stand each other. We couldn't from the start. Of course, Lisa was pretty damn hot at that point too, but I thought she was just one of those spoiled brats, you know?" 

"Isn't she one?" I immediately shook my head. 

"No, definitely not. Lisa is so much more than that. So damn much more. I didn't see it until I was probably at my weakest. Eventually things started to get better between us. We understood each other better. Somehow I started liking her more than I should and she started liking me more than she should. I didn't want to let it happen like it did with Bella. Being so vulnerable, but I couldn't do it. I've been hurting her a lot lately, just to keep her away. When we came here, we got drunk one night, definitely too drunk..." 

I hesitated for a moment. Although Anthony was a good friend, I was embarrassed. It was something I couldn't be proud of. 

"We slept together. It was unbelievable and I was so stupid and acted like it was nothing, nothing at all. But I had already been in love with her for a long time. I called it a mistake until Lisa told me that I was her first. It was only then that I realized who Lisa was and what I was doing to her. I confessed my feelings and now, now we are together." Anthony looked at me in surprise.

"Awesome... I wouldn't have expected something like that. The little one was seriously still a virgin? She had a lot of stress trying to turn the guys down... Are things going well between you?" I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Yeah, but I don't know how to approach her again. Whether she even wants it. I've already messed up her first time, I don't want to mess up the second time too." Antony looked at me thoughtfully. 

"Speak to her about it indirectly, pay attention to signs and when the time comes, do something special with it. A little compensation for the first time." 

It was good to have someone like Anthony to talk about something like that. I probably wouldn't have been able to talk to Lisa about it. 

"Will we see you tomorrow? Jogging? Like the old days?" Antony spoke as he got up from the chair. 

"Yes, like old times." I said before walking him to the door. 

He quickly left the property before getting into a car and driving away.