Chapter 53

LISA

I gasped in shock. 

"Anthony? Like Anthony?" Liam seemed to slowly understand. 

"Yes, the Anthony who was with you. He knows Jennie. That was the opportunity." 

"Wait! Wait! Anthony knows you and Jennie. Does Jennie know you too?" Liam looked at me a little thoughtfully. 

"We should talk about that when-" 

"No! Does Jennie know who you are, what connection you have to me? Does she know you?" 

"Lisa-" 

"Tell me!" 

Short silence. 

"Yes, we know each other." My voice started to shake. 

"From where?" 

"From training." 

"Which?"

"I helped Jennie train." 

"But at some point her trainer was no longer there and then she continued on her own." Liam shook her head. 

"After her trainer was no longer there, I helped her. I was better at theory than at practice." I stared at him in disbelief. 

"Did she know you were my brother?" Liam nodded. 

"Then why didn't she ever say anything? Why didn't she react when she saw your photo. She could have told me you were okay." 

"It's not that easy, Lali." 

"Yes, it is!"

"I forbade her. Luckily she didn't say anything. That's when I told her about you. Every time we finished training, we sat outside somewhere and talked about things, things that bothered us at that moment occurred-" He paused briefly. 

"You always come to mind." I swallowed. 

It was all so surreal. It was simply unimaginable for me that I would ever see my brother again. That I would ever breathe the same air in the same room as him again was ridiculous and yet... still these things happened. 

"What about Jennie? Does she know where I am?" Liam shook his head. 

"Why not?" 

"Jennie would never have allowed that. 'The job comes first' - that's her motto." I shook my head in disbelief. 

"Are we really talking about the same Jennie here?" Liam looked confused for a moment.

"I probably know her better than you, Lisa." 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." I muttered, apparently not quite enough for myself. 

"Excuse me?" Liam looked at me with a suspicious look. I shook my head and turned my head away. 

"Forget it." 

I knew that Liam would probably freak out if he found out about me and Jennie. Which brother would like it if a good friend was with his sister? Plus, Liam was always pretty special when it came to people. 

"And now?" 

"I want to spend time with you." 

"About the time when you weren't there for me anymore?" I said a little more forcefully, which made him look puzzled. Did he really think that I would forget all of this? Would just ignore it?

"I don't start a fight or yell at you because I don't want to cause more drama. That doesn't mean I forgive you. So don't act like our relationship isn't broken." 

"Lisa..." 

"Get Jennie here, otherwise I won't speak to you anymore." With those words I stood up and left Liam alone. 

For all I care, he should burn there. I ran up the few stairs into the room I had just come out of. I couldn't really process the fact that everything looked the way it did back then. It was just too weird to question. 

LIAM

I could have guessed it. Lisa had always been stubborn and her reaction was completely understandable. Still, I wished she had forgiven me. 

I groaned in annoyance. Jennie would kill me. Slowly and quietly. 

Without further ado, I typed in her number and went to the chat that was about 1 and a half years ago.

I carefully typed the message. This news would make her angry. Very angry. But I sent it anyway...