Chapter 60

JENNIE

"Lisa!" I knocked on her door several times.

"Please open the door!" Still nothing.

"I'm surprised she even slept with you." Anthony interjected.

"Not helpful."

Even after further knocking, nothing happened.

"That's enough for me. I'm kicking down the dirty door." I said and done.

Once I was in the room I looked around. Not a trace.

"Old people, what's going on here?" Liam interjects and comes out of his room, completely sleepy and in his boxer shorts.

"I was-" He looked at Lisa's kicked-in door. "What the- Jennie?!"

"Not now, Liam. Lisa isn't in her room. We have to find her." He looked at us confused.

"What happened?"

"Nothing," Anthony and I said in sync. Shit, that was noticeable.

"Guys." Liam admonished us.

"Okay, good. Lisa noticed something she wasn't supposed to. Now she's gone and I want to talk to her to clear it all up." Liam breathed out.

"Okay then, let's look for her." Just as we were all literally running down the stairs, Lisa came into the hallway.

"Lalisa!" We all shouted at the same time so she looked up. Her look was monotonous. You couldn't read anything from it.

"What's up?" Her voice seemed disinterested.

"Where have you been?" Liam began to ask her.

"Outside. Got some air." She went into the kitchen and put some water on herself while we followed her like dogs.

"Can't you let us know?"

"I'm of legal age."

"So what?" I said.

"We have something to discuss. Anthony told me about your conversation yesterday." Liam looked confused but I ignored this. All I was fixated on was Lisa's reaction.

"Cool." I looked at her, a little speechless, while she turned her back to me to get the tea ready.

"Cool? You already know you've definitely gone too far."

"Of course!" She replied as if I would really are right.

"I think we really have a lot to talk about."

"We have, but not today. Maybe tomorrow." She continued as if it was nothing special. I blinked several times.

"Maybe tomorrow?" I asked incredulously.

"Or next Friday."

"Okay, enough." I said forcefully and grabbed her hand before pulling her up into my room.

"Oh, your room. A lot of things happened here." She said, almost hypnotized.

"Yeah, we happened to sleep together in here and I thought I could trust you too."

"You can." She looked at the bed with a blank expression on her face.

"Oh really?" My voice rose. I knew I was getting angry but I didn't really care at that moment. 

"Who do you think you are to snoop around in my past?" 

"I'm your girlfriend!" 

"Oh really? Is that you?" She shrugged her shoulders. Didn't she care? 

"My girlfriend would trust me." 

"My girlfriend would trust me!" She said louder. 

"She would confide in me and not always give me the cold shoulder!" 

"Who gave you the right to decide?!"

"No one, but if no one does it, then I just have to decide!" 

"You just decide shit!" We attack each other. 

"I didn't know that my girlfriend had become a parent or that she still had pictures with her ex on her cell phone or that her true love had died!" I started laughing. 

"I would have told you. If only this had all been over. If we could have lived together without fear. Then I would have told you everything. Everything I've experienced. But now-, now there is nothing left that I can see as a future because you have betrayed my trust." Tears rolled down her face. 

"Are you seriously telling me that you don't want to be with me anymore?" 

"Not only that. I'm going to quit this job. Anthony can take over here." 

"But I want you." I laughed mockingly. 

"You should have thought about that before you betrayed me and opened wounds that were about to heal. You should have thought about that before you ruined our relationship." 

"I'm not the only one to blame for this!" She screamed again.  

"You're the one who knew everything about me but I barely knew anything about you and you think that's okay? That you know me by heart through papers and documents. But I'm not allowed to know anything about you? I don't know your family - you do mine. I don't know your friends - you knew mine. You know my entire career - I know yours maybe 25%. You know me - I don't know you at all. Do you notice something? Why do you think I started looking into the Bella thing? Because I didn't want to be lied to anymore. Because I wanted to meet the real Jennie!" 

"You've seen a lot of me, more than others." 

"Bullshit!"

"Believe it or don't believe it. It's unimportant to me. What's important to me is that I don't have to see you anymore. This thing about us ends here. Live your life and I'll live my life. You marry a guy, I marry a woman. We raise families and live our lives without ever having known each other." 

"You are no longer relevant to me. I don't love you anymore, Lisa. Maybe I never have." Lie. More tears came from her eyes. 

"Go now." She angrily went to the door. 

"You are the last, Jennie." And before she opened the door, she turned to me again. 

"By the way- I'm pregnant-"

"What?"

"It's Damon's child."