Chapter 5

LISA

The weekend was drawing to a close and was over now. Monday.

My alarm clock greeted me with an extremely loud beep and tore me out of my dreams.

"Get your ass out of bed, Lalisa. We're leaving in 7 minutes. If you're not ready by then, I'll take you with me the way you are in 7 minutes." Came an egocentric voice from below.

Right, I had completely forgotten about that bitch.

In fact, I wanted to forget her. Yesterday and the day before were probably the most terrible days. Again and again she came to check on me. Gosh, how annoying that was. That's why I was happy to go to college today and that was really very rare.

I got up and quickly changed my clothes. I trusted Jennie with everything and if she said she would take me the way I would be in 7 minutes, she would even take me in my underwear...

As planned, I went to the bathroom and tried to bend my hair and brush my teeth reasonably properly. I gave up makeup completely. If I had time, at most my dark circles would have disappeared, my lips would be softer with a labello and my eyelashes darker. This was my usual morning routine with no stress...

"2 minutes left!"

I sighed and looked in the mirror again before I left the bathroom and went down the stairs. Jennie was standing there already fully dressed and freshened up, it didn't look like it was early in the morning at her place.

Her brown hair was slightly tousled as usual, her green eyes didn't radiate tiredness but full awakening. She had put on a leather jacket that clung perfectly to her arms, which looked incredibly hot. But of course I had learned from my mistakes and didn't pay too much attention to her.

"Just about made it." She said sternly, looking at the watch on her right wrist.

"Funny, what should I eat now?"

"We're still stopping at Starbucks, so don't junk or you won't get anything."

She walked past with raised eyebrows and put on my shoes and a simple jacket since it was summer.

"Nice of you." I mumbled, since I'm usually not nice to assholes, on the contrary.

"Oh don't think this is for you. I just feel like having a coffee and since I have to drive you there anyway, I'll just stop there. If you want something, you should probably take some money with you." She remarked and my mood plummeted.

"Ass."

Why was I even hoping for this? Naive as I sometimes was, it really wasn't surprising. I left the house with a sigh and closed the door behind me.

"Close up."

Annoyed, I turned to Jennie. "You! Don't command me anything."

"But your father spoke different tones. Besides, it's not about me commanding you anything here, it's more about your security, which consists of locking the house well so that nobody unwanted is in the house."

"Speaking of unwanted-"

"Lisa, cut the shit and finally lock it." She said more irritably, crossing her arms.

Rolling my eyes, I swung back to the door and turned the key in the lock. Noting that I wanted to finish one way or the other, but didn't see why she thought she had to command me something. I really locked this darned door every day, it doesn't change from now on that I suddenly forget it.

While Jennie was leading the way to the car, I breathed in several more times. I didn't want to throw a tantrum right in front of her how stupid she was, it would probably just amuse her.

Finally, I quickly checked my bag before I went to the car, which Jennie had already entered. Without wanting to say it out loud, she owned my dream car. I didn't know anything about cars, not at all, but you knew quite a bit about her favorite car.

I actually wanted to own a car like this for a long time, but my main source of money was closed, in short: Dad wanted to 'change' something, starting with rewards for me if I do well in school. From then on I had to do more for school for better or for worse. But that ultimately gave me an impetus and brought me to my school interests.

I didn't mean to say that I liked college, it wasn't that bad coming here anymore. Also, I was able to escape from Jennie as well as I didn't really expect her to come in with me. She would probably drop me off and leave as I wished.

"Do you want to come in now or are you staying in?" I heard someone say to my left.

I looked confused at Jennie, who had already got out and only had the door open to speak to me.

That's right, we stopped and were right in front of a Starbucks. Without giving her an answer, I unbuckled myself and jumped out of the car with a bang. I only heard Jennie huffed annoyed behind me for a moment before she closed her door and came around the car.

"Hurry up, we still have 15 minutes."

We both quickly entered the store and queued up.