Chapter 34

LISA

Slowly I felt myself waking up. Something warm shone on my face - probably the sun. I didn't want to open my eyes at all, I was too lazy for that, so I continued to enjoy the warmth on my face for a moment. Even the bed was much more comfortable today than I was used to.

When my head became quiet, I heard breathing. To be really sure, I held my breath - it wasn't mine.

The breathing came from the direction right next to me. My heart slowly started to pound. Who was lying next to me in my bed?

I carefully began to open my left eye a crack, but nothing could be seen except for my pillow. So I tried the other eye.

When it got used to the light, I saw black hair. No. Please, tell me this is a bad nightmare.

I squinted my eyes several times until I could look again, but it didn't help. Jennie was still lying quietly sleeping next to me. My breathing became more and more congested.

I looked a lot at the blanket that covered my body. I slowly looked under the blanket and saw a completely naked body. My completely naked body.

We didn't really... no... it must be a joke.

I swallowed and looked around the room. The bathing suits were on the floor, the chair that normally stood in the corner was in the middle of the room and I didn't even want to talk about the bed. I quietly and slowly got out of bed and gathered my things. I took a quick look in the trash can. In fact, I saw a condom right at the top.

I didn't really know whether to be relieved or disgusted. Relieved because at least we were protected, disgusted because apparently I actually had sex with Jennie. I shook myself briefly before slowly walking towards the door. I opened the door more carefully than ever before and looked back at Jennie, who was still sleeping soundly.

After I left the room, I ran up the stairs to my room as quickly as I've probably never done before. Once there I made my way to the bathroom. All of this was just too much for me. I just needed a warm shower first. I was aware that I had showered first, but I just felt sweaty at that moment and I was in the whirlpool yesterday.

I put my bathing suits in the washing machine and put myself in the shower. I was probably under it for an hour this time, but it shouldn't matter to me.

When I was finished, I got out and wrapped my body in a towel. Then I rubbed my hair a little dry.

Sighing heavily, I left the bathroom and collapsed onto my bed. Now that I was lying on it again I really noticed that Jennie's bed was much more comfortable. What an impudence!

After closing my eyes for a moment, I pulled myself together again and put on some fresh clothes. Well, it became sweatpants and a loose T-shirt. I didn't feel capable of more...

How would Jennie treat me? Are we talking about it? Is she confessing her feelings to me? - I think she has some, otherwise she wouldn't have slept with me. And me? Do I like Jennie? - In the sense that I was drunk and not in my right mind... - Well she wasn't much more sober... I think I like her more...

Hard to believe, but I do actually admit it... How she did it is a mystery to me but she did it somehow.

I let out a deep breath before opening the door and stepping out of the room. The house was still quiet, which is why I had a hard time assuming Jennie wasn't awake yet.

I slowly walked down the multitude of stairs until I was on the ground floor. There I went into the kitchen. My stomach was very hungry. It also showed this by growling loudly several times.

After thinking about it for a while, I decided on bacon with eggs and a roll.

I sizzled the eggs in one pan while frying the bacon separately in another pan. I put the rolls in the oven and let them bake there. While I waited, I thought about how I should talk to Jennie about last night. I couldn't really say: "Hey Jennie, I really need to talk to you about yesterday. Well, I like you more and that meant a lot to me, yes, and I hope you like me too."

That wasn't possible!

When everything was ready, I served it on the table and packed everything in place. As if on cue, I heard Jennie's door open, causing my heart to start beating faster. Jennie trudges wearily down the stairs, her white shirt fitting perfectly and her gray sweatpants making her ass far more interesting- Okay, stop!

"Morning." I said somewhat normally and waited until she sat down at the table. I didn't get a 'morning' back.

Jennie started eating. A little taken aback, I did the same. Pure silence, only the clinking of cutlery could be heard.

After Jennie appeared to be finished, she stood up without further ado and was about to leave.

"Wait." I pulled myself together, causing her to stop and turn around in the doorway. She looked at me expectantly.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows, somewhat overwhelmed.

"What? - That's what you're asking? You didn't look at me at all throughout breakfast, let alone say a word. I actually wanted to talk to you about yesterday."

"What happened yesterday?"

"Phew, I don't know. Maybe we made out and ended up fucking each other in your bed. Maybe that?" I spoke ironically.

"And?" Jennie still seemed pretty unfazed.

"You can't think of anything else?" Jennie groaned.

"What do you want to hear, Lalisa? We had sex once. It can happen. It's no big deal. We're not automatically soulmates."

That hit hard. My throat started to get dry and I just nodded silently.

It was just sex.