Chapter 63

LISA (one week later)

I sat dejectedly in the garden of the house. Since it was the beginning of winter, it was quite cold. That's why I sat outside with a blanket. There was hot tea on the table, which I would pick up every now and then to take a sip. Since I found out I was pregnant, my everyday life had changed. I ate healthier, drank more tea, and tried not to get sick. 

Jennie still hadn't shown up. Her things were still in her room. I knew that because I slept there every night. He scent enveloped me every night and so I could imagine she was with me, lying next to me and watching over me. I could understand her somehow. I had scratched open old wounds and rubbed salt in them. I see it. Still, I wasn't the only one to blame. She didn't see anything. Instead of working on herself and thinking about what she might have done wrong. 

I slowly started to reflect on myself and work on myself. This was a big step for me, but Jennie was also the one who had to do it. However, my hope sank at the thought. We would probably never be that close again and that thought made me sick. I wanted Jennie back, cuddling with her, kissing her, talking to her, teasing her and arguing with her. God, how I would like to kiss her right now... 

"Lisa? What are you doing out here? - Oh dear, it's cold!" Liam stood at the entrance to the terrace. 

He still didn't know anything and to be honest I didn't know how to tell him. Of course, he wanted to know what had happened between me and Jennie. Was I really ready for this? 

"Liam?" 

"Yes?" 

"I have to talk to you. It's serious." Liam nodded and sat down on the bench next to me before wrapping the blanket over his body. 

"I got into a fight with Jennie because I was digging into her past. I reopened old wounds and rubbed salt into them." I paused and looked at him. He was listening to me sincerely. 

"I abused her suspicion. Not only as a bodyguard but also as a friend - a girlfriend."

"You were together?" Liam's voice was unexpectedly calm. 

"Yes. At the beginning we hated each other, but then... - We got along better and better and somehow I developed feelings. One thing led to another and we came together. Are you mad?" I cautiously looked over at my brother. 

"Honestly, no. Maybe because you didn't tell me but overall I'm not mad. I always thought I had to protect you from everything and everyone - now I still do, but Jennie... She was always someone I could easily imagine with you. Although I didn't think it would actually be Jennie." I slowly started to laugh. 

"But I'm also pretty happy that it turned out to be Jennie." I smiled. 

"Well, one more thing..." Liam looked at me with raised eyebrows. 

"You're pregnant?" With wide eyes I looked into my brother's unreadable expression.

"Wait, how? I-" 

"You heard it. I didn't notice everything about your argument, but I did notice about the pregnancy when I was upstairs in the toilet." I gulped.

"I hope you lied- that it's Damon's child." He said and I breathed out in relief. 

"Yes. It was a fucking lie. It's Jennie's." Liam smiled slightly. 

"Then I'll be an uncle?" I nodded, smiling. 

"Well then we just have to sort things out with Jennie." I nodded. 

"She hasn't reported in days. You don't hear anything from her." 

"Yes..." He sighed. "She doesn't answer her phone either." He continued.

"We will find a solution." 

"Anthony said that too." Anthony hasn't been here much since. He left the house in the morning and came back in the evening. He didn't talk to me, didn't look at me. Nothing at all.

I was pretty disappointed. Did he meet Jennie? Was he disappointed in me after all? What was going on? 

The doorbell rang and interrupted my train of thought. Now who could that be?