Chapter 51

LISA

I slowly woke up. My head hurt like hell and my whole body felt like a steamroller had driven over it. 

As my eyes slowly adjusted to daylight, I looked around at my surroundings. A room. It looked like my old childhood room except for the fact that the bed was bigger. 

Since mom and dad never wanted me to grow up in the typical cliche, they painted my room gray and white. Even my clothes were never pink or any typical 'girly colors'. They didn't want me to get a worldview in which girls are allowed to wear pink but boys aren't allowed to wear it because it's a 'girls' color'. So they had done everything right. 

Back to reality... Why did the room look like my old childhood room?! 

Goosebumps rose across my skin. All of this was just unbelievable...

I sat up before slowly moving to the edge of the bed. My bare feet settled on the laminate. It was the same as my old room. I slowly got up and walked towards the door. Where was I? Was I kidnapped? 

Hopefully I tried to open the door handle quietly and it actually worked. So I wasn't included. 

The house was quiet. I heard absolutely nothing. So I decided to see it as my chance and get out of here. It seemed big because the corridor was huge. Then a staircase led down. Whoever lived here clearly wasn't poor. 

When I got to the bottom I looked around. Where did I have to go? There were doors everywhere but none of them looked like an exit. 

"Difficult, right?" I jumped in shock and looked behind me.

"Liam?" I looked up in disbelief at the man who was only a few steps higher than me.  

"Lalisa... it's nice that you're awake." I looked down at him, still in disbelief. 

It was only then that I remembered what had happened. Liam had been right in front of the women's toilet and was quite a surprise to me. After that there was only a towel in front of my nose and then everything was black and forgotten. 

"You- you kidnapped me?" 

"Not quite." Liam came down the last few steps before walking past me and towards a door that was just a few meters to our left. 

"I saved you." I followed him, confused. Saved? 

"You don't know how hard it was to find you and let's not even talk about the activity in the café. Secretly smuggling an unconscious person out of a crowded café is almost impossible-" He paused briefly before sitting down and continuing. 

I just noticed that we appeared to be in a living room. Was that his house? 

"Still, I did it." He looked at me. He probably expected some kind of reaction to all this but I couldn't give him that. There was too much in my head. 

"Sit down." He said kindly and pointed to the armchair diagonally from him. 

As if on command, I did so and looked at him. Liam smiled at me and cocked his head a little. 

"You have become so pretty. It's incredible." 

"You've changed too." I said, much more neutrally than I actually intended. Liam laughed at that.

"I know you're mad at me and you're probably wondering what this is all about." 

"Yes, I really wonder." I folded my arms together. 

"My brother, who I haven't seen in years because he ran away, suddenly shows up in front of the ladies' room and knocks me out before kidnapping me." 

"Listen, Lisa. I'll explain it to you. Everything. From A-Z but you have to listen." I raised my eyebrows expectantly. I wanted to hear what he wanted to tell me. 

If only I had just let it be...