Chapter 73

JENNIE

"And what else do we want to do today?" Bella asked the group excitedly. 

"Nothing, my sister has disappeared. We definitely won't go to an amusement park with you." Liam said annoyed. 

"Besides, it's late. Don't you want to go?" Anthony asked Bella. 

"I'll sleep with Jennie, of course." I looked at her with raised eyebrows. 

"Sorry, my bed is too small. Also, it can happen that Anthony comes in in the middle of the night because he had a nightmare." I answered. 

"Yup, me and my nightmares." 

"Okay, then I'll just go to Lisa's room. She's gone anyway." Liam laughed. 

"No, you go now. I don't care where you go. You won't stay here. After all, this is still my house." She looked at Liam indignantly. Then she looked at me.

"Did you hear that? How is he talking to me!" I shrugged my shoulder. 

"His house, his rules." Rolling her eyes, she stood up. 

"So we have to practice your loyalty to me again." 

"Mhm." 

She left the living room before going into the hallway and putting on her clothes. 

"See you tomorrow, then!" She called out, still squeaking before she left the house. 

"Who is this?" Rylie asked immediately. 

"It's Bella, but not the Bella from back then. What happened to her!" I shrugged. 

"If I had known that earlier, I would have didn't help her at all. I'm sorry, Jennie." I looked at her confused. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well, as I said, she called me a week ago. She didn't really want to ask about me. She wanted me to help her win you back. I was already wondering whether she might have forgotten that she was actually dead and had never contacted me for years. In any case, I agreed but I didn't know what a monster she had become!" I sighed. 

"It's okay, Rylie. We all make mistakes at some point in our lives. Now it's important that we find Lisa and that Bella doesn't find out about it. I'll work on it overnight. We'll see what I find out." I stood up and turned to leave. 

"Just keep her away from me." Everyone nodded before I left the room. 

Now it was time to find Lisa and get her back. My Lisa and my child. 

I went up to my room. There I took out my laptop. First I checked her GPS sensor. I only wanted to use this in extreme emergencies. However, I found that I couldn't establish a connection to the GPS. There was no internet there. Shit.

I started to think further. What did Bella say? 

I wrote down everything that came to mind about her and Lisa. There has to be something somewhere. She must have made a mistake somewhere. She made a mistake again somewhere. I tried to think carefully. However, it didn't get me anywhere. 

Frustrated, I stood up. I needed fresh air. I quietly left the house and started taking a walk. 

What an irony. Lisa had gone somewhere and I had no choice but to take walks. I was a shitty girlfriend- ex girlfriend. How I hated the word. Well, I brought it on myself...

I walked along the path towards the forest. Just like Lisa would and probably had. Maybe her path would take me further. I didn't know exactly where she went, but Lisa usually didn't go that far away. More like that she still had a good overview of her path and that's exactly what I did.  

At first I didn't think I would find what I was looking for, but a bank a little further away gave me information. Knowing Lisa, she most likely paused here to think. I inspected the bench more closely. There were actually two different footprints on the ground! 

Lisa was apparently disturbed. Probably from the person who kidnapped her. I discovered a fairly white cloth under the bench. I smelled it briefly. A sedative. Fast and strong. 

"Oh, you shouldn't pick up wipes and smell them. Especially not under a bench!" Confused, I turned around. An old lady with two walking sticks could be seen a little further away.

"I'm looking for my girlfriend. She disappeared here." The older lady looked at me with wide eyes. 

"I saw one. With a man. She was sitting here. Somehow the man's expression looked strange. But the lady didn't seem to notice. But she seemed familiar, which is why I jogged past." 

"Can you describe the man to me?" She nodded. 

"Oh yeah, you don't forget someone like that."