Chapter 76

LISA

There was hustle and bustle all around me. 

"Go, go! Pack up!" Dean shouted. I looked around confused. 

What was going on? Was Jennie here? Would she come save me? Dean looked around frantically. 

"As soon as everything is ready, let's go!" He called through the hall and came towards me. 

"I told you. Jennie would come." 

"Oh, Lisa. She won't take you away from me again." He said in a tone that clearly worried me. 

"You're sick." Dean grinned. 

"Perhaps." He looked at me for a few seconds before starting to speak again. 

"But I'll accept that if I can have it."

If Dean just came towards me on the street, I would categorize him as a good-looking guy. Just someone with good genes... but that he is so mentally ill... I would never have expected that in my life. 

"What's happening?" He grinned. 

"We're leaving, my love. Unfortunately Jennie was able to locate us. Luckily we have our contacts." 

Shit. I hope Jennie would come in time. I suspected evil. He untied me. 

"We go." 

I could hardly defend myself. I had no strength and felt weak. Was that still from the sedative? Dean trailed behind me.

"You there! Clear up faster! Do you think we have time?!" He shouted to two workers who still had a lot of boxes to pack. 

"Just surrounded by idiots." Dean murmured, pulling me further along with him.

Outside the warehouse he briefly let go of my arm to look for something in his jacket pocket. This was my chance! 

Before I could even blink, I started running. As quickly as I could. Unfortunately I had forgotten that the anesthesia still held. My legs collapsed. There I was lying on the floor. In the dirt and barely felt my body. I heard a loud exhale behind me. 

"Lisa." Dean sighed and looked down at me. 

"You're not stupid but this-" He paused for a moment before picking me up and putting me over his shoulder. 

"It was extremely stupid." That had been my chance and now I saw it getting smaller and smaller. 

"Now you're also full of dirt! I can hardly let you into my car with that." He started to complain. 

"Josh!" Dean shouted. A man in his early 20s looked over at us. 

"Yes?" 

"Find new things for her and fix her up somehow. I won't let her get so dirty in my car." Josh nodded. Dean lowered me to the floor and literally placed me in Josh's arms. 

"Hurry up. We still have 10-15 minutes." Josh nodded and tentatively gently held my wrist before pulling me with him. 

"That really wasn't smart of you. The boss is already under stress and what's more... be happy that he likes you so much." 

"Yes, I can really be happy about that." I muttered.

When we arrived in a container with boxes, Josh let go of me and rummaged around in boxes. We both knew that I would hardly try to run away again. It had no purpose. I was too weak at the moment. 

"Here." He held out a pair of pants and a loose shirt to me. 

"The person it belongs to is gone. So it won't bother them." 

"Is- is she-" But Josh interrupted me. 

"No, she was allowed to go. She was here voluntarily." I nodded. 

At least something that wouldn't put a strain on me mentally. Just as I was about to take off my shirt I noticed that Josh didn't turn around. 

"Sorry but you could-" But he shook his head. 

"It's too dangerous for you to tell me something like this, but don't worry, I have a girlfriend and I'm not keen on doing anything to you." Josh gave me a teasing grin. I looked at him confused. 

I wasn't expecting someone like Josh in a scene like that. I let out a deep breath before pulling the shirt over my head. I didn't care that Josh saw me in a bra. It was just a bra. I heard Josh's breath hitch for ages. I looked at him confused. 

"What?" 

"I don't want to offend you, but... are you pregnant?" I looked down at myself, confused. My stomach was a little bulging but you could also think that I was a little fatter. 

"How did you-" 

"I'm a father myself. My girlfriend tried to hide it from me. Twice. I have a feeling for it." I looked at him confused. 

"Why did she want to keep it a secret?" He sighed.

"Because she is afraid for me. She was afraid that I would leave the scene here, for our children. Unfortunately that would have cost me my death. Luckily Dean was able to handle it so that I only worked for him twice. The rest is me with my sons." I looked with raised eyebrows at him.  

"I didn't think Dean could be like that." Josh laughed lightly. 

"When you get to know him better, you understand why he is the way he is sometimes."