Chapter 28

LISA

After Jennie woke me up so rudely, my mood, which was never good with her presence anyway, was a bit low. In addition, I had to get ready in no time at all, which turned out to be quite exhausting and tedious. She could have just woken me up earlier, it really wasn't that difficult! However, Jennie preferred to let me run all over the place.

Now that we went to Eunho I was much happier and in a better mood. At least one person I feel comfortable with and who didn't have anything bad against me. I was also really excited about Eunho's family. They were with us once, but I was still quite young at the time. After that, Eunho only came alone, probably because his wife had fallen ill, seriously ill. She had caught a rare cancer that was still unexplored. Every time he came by, which was far from often, he seemed exhausted and at the end of his tether. Dark circles, pale skin and tousled hair were the standard of every visit.

Now, 14 years later, she's doing well again. At least the circumstances. It was an uphill battle with no real medication, but she actually managed to beat the cancer in some inexplicable way. It had taken about 7 years for the cancer to go away completely and she has spent the last 7 years recovering. Of course, the common children suffered from it.

Leasely and Damon.

They're both my age, so they heard everything, but since Leasly and Damon didn't have the best contact with me, I didn't really hear much about them. It's never been that I didn't like them, no, they've both been lovely, but it's been a few years since we last played together. Who knows if the two haven't completely changed.

"What are you always thinking about?" I heard Jennie say next to me, so I slowly turned around. I didn't want to snap at her like I used to, not while we were at Eunho's. Even if we were still a good few meters away, a discussion would change the entire mood.

"I think about a lot. It may come across as unrealistic to you because you think I'm stupid, but I'm interested in the past and also the future. I'm thinking about that." I spoke calmly and dedicated myself to the footpath back.

"Please, stop thinking that I always think badly of you, it's just that we all have a past that wasn't necessarily pretty, but it taught us."

A little confused, I looked back at her face, which only showed me her side, as Jennie was looking straight ahead again.

"You always act so secretive, why don't you ever say anything about that?"

"Because there's nothing to say and it's nobody's business." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Then stop talking about it! If it's nobody's business, don't whine!"

Jennie then remained silent, which was quite confusing given the fact that we were talking about Jennie here. Otherwise she would always have a counter for me...

"We are here." I murmured and pressed the bell when we supposedly stood in front of the door.

After a few seconds the door was opened and a beaming Eunho looked into both of our faces.

"On time to the minute!" He joked because we were 5 minutes late.

"We're so-" But he cut me off abruptly.

"That was fun, Lalisa. It doesn't matter whether it's 5 minutes or even 10 minutes!" Smiling slightly, I nodded and was invited in with Jennie.

"And? How do you like the house? Is it okay?"

"Okay?" I asked him slightly skeptically, which is why his laughter slowly disappeared and an uncertain one appeared.

"It is wonderful! Just great!" I grinned and saw Eunho exhale in relief.

"Luckily..."

"What did you think about a house like that?" Eunho, however, just shrugged.

"Leasly, Damon and Sarah are already waiting in the dining room."

I briefly considered who was who. Leasly would have to be the daughter, Damon the son, and Sarah the wife, as far as I'm guessing since it's been a hell of a long time.

We briefly removed our jackets and shoes in the hallway before following Eunho through the narrow hallway to the dining room.

A small picture book family sat at the table. Everything and everyone looked like they were cut out of a little picture book or catalog and inserted. Leasly had black hair, gray eyes and white teeth which she showed with her smile. Sarah looked like the perfect mother with her black hair, blue eyes and expression.

And Damon...

God, he had gotten so damn hot. He also had black hair and gray-blue hair. However, not only his good looks and this forbidden good-looking smile stood out for him, which he brought to me, no, also his muscles, which stood out under the tight-fitting gray shirt.

"Lalisa! God, I haven't seen you in a long time." Sarah got up immediately and hugged me fiercely.

"You've gotten so damn tall and pretty, dear!" Embarrassed, I looked at the floor for a moment.

"How are you?" I said as I looked up from the ground. She nodded calmly.

"I got through everything. I'm fine again!"

"That makes me happy." I said smiling.

"Leasly, Damon, greet them too!" She turned to her children, who immediately nodded and stood up.

"Hey." Leasly gave me a quick hug and smiled at me.

"It's an eternity." I then nodded.

"Yes, quite a long time ago." After she stepped aside, Damon came over to me.

"You have become a real woman. Glad to see you again." I nodded and smiled a little shyly. His presence was somehow a little scary.

"Who is this beautiful girl anyway, Lisa?"

"Oh, that's Jennie. My pesky, idiot, narcissistic-"

"-girlfriend." I was suddenly interrupted by Jennie.

I looked at her startled.

What the?