Chapter 55

LISA

We all sat together in the living room. While Liam and Anthony had a great chat, I sat quietly in the chair and let the previous events sink in. Jennie had asked Liam for help, but the two had a bit of an argument afterwards. Of course the little 'kidnapping' was the topic. Anthony wasn't so lucky either, as he also felt Jennie's anger. Rightly so.

Now Jennie sat opposite me on the other chair and eyed me every now and then. I hope she realized that I was more than angry with her. Of course, I was happy that she was near me again, but that didn't mean that I would forget everything.

It all got on my nerves. These people in this room were getting on my nerves. Who could I even trust here? Anthony had lied to me, Liam had lied to me and even Aideen, the one I trusted the most, lied to me and the worst part is that it was the biggest lie.

"I'm going upstairs. You're all getting on my nerves. Just don't bother me." Both of them stopped talking when I finished saying my sentence.

"Lisa-" Liam started but even that made me angry.

"No, leave me alone. You've clearly screwed up for today."

I left the room and went up the stairs. Of course, I noticed Jennie's eyes on me. Staring. Couldn't the woman just stop herself from doing that?! That drove me crazy!

When I got to the top of the room, I threw myself on the bed and let out my anger by screaming into the pillow. I just wanted to sleep and leave everything here behind me. There was a remote control next to me, and since there was no TV in my old room, there was of course no TV here either. That's why I could assume that it was the remote control for the blinds.

I let the blinds come all the way down so that the room was completely dark. I snuggled up in the blanket and closed my eyes before falling asleep.

"Mom! Liam kicked me." I ran into the living room, away from Liam, towards my mother. She turned around confused.

As expected, he arrived in the living room right after me.

"Liam? Is that true?" My mother asked him.

"Nope. Lisa is just stupid."

"Not at all."

"But."

"Enough." Liam and I immediately fell silent.

"Liam, stop kicking your sister all the time and you Lisa, try not to be mean to your brother all the time."

"I don't do that at all." I protested.

"Lisa." She admonished me, causing my mouth to turn into a pout.

"You'll probably keep that pout forever." She said, laughing and shaking her head.

"Forever." I whispered quietly before my body slowly woke up. I loved and hated the beautiful dreams with her.

They were so beautiful, warm and welcoming. The reality, however, was completely different, cold, dark and sad.

"Do you had a nice dream?" Startled, I jumped up from the bed so that I quickly found myself lying next to the bed.

"Ouch..." I grumbled before two strong arms lifted me up. Her strong arms.

"Jennie?" I said, still a little tired.

"Yes, it's me." She sat me back on the bed and switched gears the night light on. Now I could see her beautiful face again.

"God, how much I missed you."

"It was only a few hours." I tried to say casually. After all, I was still angry.

"Yes, but even then I miss your wonderful lips." She started to come closer to me, but I leaned back noticeably.

Confused, she sat back and looked at me.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know. How do you feel when you make your girlfriend believe that you don't know her brother at all? The brother she hasn't seen in so long." She looked at me a little overwhelmed. Of course, she didn't expect that.

"I knew the day would come." A little indignant, I locked my arms together.

"When were you planning on telling me? At my funeral? 'Hey, now that you're dead, I wanted to tell you that I knew your brother. I could never tell you, but now that you're lying under the ground I've decided to tell you.' Do you think that's how it would have gone?"

"No, of course not. I- your brother forbade me from telling you anything and at the beginning I didn't even know he was your brother. He looked different when he was 17. I didn't even recognize him at first. Everything went after him and then put it together and at some point I just knew it. I didn't know how to tell you. I would definitely have told you if you were no longer in danger. It's just that the moment was just inappropriate." I breathed out. Everything had to sink in first.

"Okay." I said a little too dryly.

Jennie looked at me with her apologetic look. God, her eyes, her nose, her mouth, her face! Everything was just so perfect!

"Do you need a cloth or is this how you wipe your drool." I punched her arm indignantly.

"You arrogant idiot." She leaned forward a little so she was close to my ear.

"Your arrogant idiot."

Slightly smiling face. I pulled her face in front of mine.

"And I like you too much for that." She came closer to me provocatively.

"How would you like it?"

"Like that?-" She kissed my neck, making me let out a heavy breath.

"Or like?-" Now she kissed along my chin.

"Maybe-" She paused and moved away briefly from me before she started grinning.

"I'd love to."

The moment had come. She placed her beautiful and soft lips on mine and let me melt into her. At least I melted under her touch.

I slowly reached for his shirt before I slowly started pulling it up and touching his abs underneath. I stroked along the notches and could imagine his six-pack. Even though I had already seen it, the idea was always nice.

Just as I was about to take it off her, her lips left mine and everything stopped.

"As much as I would like to continue doing this, unfortunately Anthony and your brother are sitting down there and I don't want them to hear us. Not just because your brother will probably break my neck, but also because I want it to be something special. It should be the first time you can really remember."

Touched and shocked at the same time, I blinked several times.

"How am I supposed to resist that?"