Chapter 44

LISA

Jennie immediately looked at me. Bella? Who was Bella? Her sister?

"Listen to the results-"

"Shut up, Anthony!" She then snapped at the person opposite him, who seemed to take it in stride.

However, as he was about to continue talking, he paused and looked between me and Jennie.

"She doesn't know?"

"What don't I know?" Now I joined the conversation. What was so special about Bella?

"Nothing." She spoke in my direction. Why was she so snappy?!

"Later, Anthony. I'll listen to you, but later."

"No, not later!" I jumped up angrily. I didn't want that anymore!

Both of them looked at me in amazement, with Anthony having a grin and Jennie having more of an undefined look.

"I'm tired of this messing around anymore! You act like I shouldn't know anything about everything! I don't know anything! Neither about you nor about the things that concern me! Phone calls, boyfriends and mysterious girlfriends, from 'I'll never get anything out of it.' I'm not a damn child anymore!"

Silence. Had I screwed up? Does Anthony think I'm a psycho now? Why should I be a psycho to him?

But then Anthony started laughing. Quiet, but he laughed. Why was he laughing?!

"The little one has fire under her ass, I like it." Anthony turned to Jennie.

"Yes, that could be right." Meager. Distant. Jennie was angry.

Should I feel bad now? - I won't! It is like this!

"Oh, you know what." The attention was on me again.

"Talk calmly about things that don't concern me, discuss the matter with Bella and make phone calls. Do whatever you want. I don't give a damn. I'm going to have a coffee now."

"With who?" Jennie asked calmly. Was that all?

Purely out of emotion, I wanted to get one over on her. She didn't deserve it any other way!

"Damon." He was a nice guy after all. He had stood by me well the last time.

"You're not going to that."

"Yes, and you know what? Since you're busy with other things, you can't stop me." Jennie rolled her eyes.

"That's right, I don't. But-" She smiled meaningfully at me. Oh, no.

"Anthony does." She turned her head to the person in question. The person raised his eyebrows.

"You will not dare doing that!" Jennie just kept grinning.

"Yes, I dare. Anthony, go have a coffee with the little one."

"Didn't we want to discuss something?" He asked confused.

"Later." Jennie got up from the chair and left the living room.

"You can stay here. Damon is nice." But Anthony shook his head and stood up.

"Jennie has her reasons for not allowing it and I believe her."

"She's only like that because she doesn't like Damon. He made a move on me." Anthony grinned at that.

"I knew that idiot must have something going on with you. I haven't seen her so relaxed in a long time." I just grumbled at that. It's nice that she seemed relaxed...

"What's up?" Should I tell him about it?

"She didn't even call me her girlfriend, not even anything like that." Anthony seemed to understand. He put an arm around my shoulder and walked me to the front door.

"We'll have to talk a little, but first we'll go for a coffee." Then I just nodded.

Anthony had such an aura that immediately relaxed you. His black Mustang was right in front of the front door.

"Neat." I said smiling and letting Anthony hold the door open for me.

"My everything." He said proudly and closed the door behind me.

When he got in, he started the engine so that the car hummed. The ride was quiet, which told me he wanted to talk in the cafe. I didn't think this was so bad either. I didn't want to stop him from driving.

When we arrived he parked the car. We both got out and went to a small cafe. We looked for a place by the window, ordered a coffee each and let ourselves exhale in a relaxed manner.

"So-" Anthony leaned forward, folded his hands together and smiled softly at me.

"Do you even know anything about Jennie's situation back then?" I immediately shook my head.

"It's just that her family isn't something she'd like to talk about." Anthony nodded at that.

"I can't and won't be able to tell you that much. But- a little superficial stuff will be okay." I nodded. If I didn't find out from Jennie, why not from Anthony?

"Jennie has been a bodyguard for a while now and has had a lot of assignments. Every now and then a girl was also her assignment. Jennie was very professional and therefore often stayed away from you emotionally. Due to a few mistakes, everything went wrong and a girl died. Jennie never forgave herself."

"Is Bella the girl?" I had put it together. How else would he come up with this story?

Anthony said no more. He just looked at the table.

I grabbed one of his wrists, forcing him to look up.

"Thank you for at least telling me something."

"Don't be too hard on her. She's been through a lot. Not everything can be excused from her and she knows that. You may be the only person she's holding on to right now. Use that and help her trust you so that she tells you her worries. Trust is earned."

"Love the same way." I sighed and thought about the current situation. We had only been together for 2 days and I felt like I was in a 3 years relationship.

"Shouldn't have picked such a complicated one." I breathed out and smiled at him.

"Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that." It felt good to talk to someone about Jennie.

Apart from Anthony and Damon I didn't really have anyone and one of them was probably more against Jennie after the thing at Eunho's house...

Anthony and I talked about a few everyday things. Afterwards we drank the rest of our coffee and left the cute cafe.