Chapter 23

LISA

"Get up slowly now, otherwise we will miss our flight." I heard a voice say.

"5 more minutes." I grumbled and turned again.

"Unfortunately, 5 minutes is too much. So either you get up now or I'll use some other way to wake you up."

"Yeah yeah..." I whispered and snuggled into my pillow, after that I only heard footsteps going away.

Yes, Jennie can go away calmly, no problem for me at all, but this changed after 2 minutes when I was suddenly wet all over and startled up.

The idiot actually had a bucket full of water, or rather she still had a bucket and the water was all over me.

"I told you so." She shrugged and pulled the suitcase that was suddenly next to her with her.

"You have exactly 3 minutes before I drag you with me so I'd say pack your things real quick and get dressed if you can."

With my eyes wide open, I jumped off the sofa I fell asleep on yesterday and ran to my bed.

I cursed under my breath and stuffed everything together in one go. Luckily for me, the water only got on my legs, so I only had to change my pyjama pants into dry pants. When I got that done, Jennie whistled out the hall.

"3 minutes is up!" I heard her say, so I grabbed my stuff and went to her.

"For how long do you actually want to wear my sweater?" She asked with a smile and looked down at my upper body.

"You didn't give me time to change, so don't be too proud of it." I said slightly irritated and left the hotel room.

"Always careless..." Jennie mumbled behind me, which made me smile.

It was wonderful to upset her, like her jugular struck when she got angry or her eyebrows moved depending on the emotion.

"Where are we going next?" I asked unsuspectingly, expecting some remote village where there might be chances of 1 bar reception, although that was irrelevant to me since Jennie had confiscated my cell phone.

I groaned silently at this train of thought, it was awful without my beloved cell phone.

"Off to the cab." Jennie said behind me and pushed me a little to the car that was in front of the hotel.

"Alright alright, don't rush me." So I got into the little car and breathed in the musty air.

"A scented tree wouldn't hurt." I grumbled and looked at the man in front, who turned around confused and looked at me.

"Oh, right..." From then on, it became clear that this man had a very bad command of the English language, if at all. People should ask themselves if it wasn't difficult to talk to tourists.

Jennie sat back next to me and was about to start speaking when I cut her off.

"He doesn't speak English, don't even try."

"Great." She murmured.

So while Jennie tried to explain to the cab driver exactly where we had to go - to the airport - I leaned back in the musty seat.

When he seemed to understand where we needed to go, he nodded and started the engine. I buckled my seat belt and looked out the window.

The sun was just rising and only now did I realize that I hadn't looked at the clock at all until now, but it was clear that it must be very early if the sun was just rising now.

"What time is it?" I asked Jennie.

"5 o'clock."

"5 what??" I yelled hysterically, causing the cab driver to twitch in front.

"You're ill in the head, aren't you?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Don't be so annoying." She just said and turned her head away from me.

"DOn'T bE So aNnoYInG." I mimicked her and crossed my arms. I only heard Jennie sigh once more before it fell silent.

-

"All passengers on flight 1357 to Canberra are now being asked to check in." The female voice from the speaker spoke.

"Canberra?" I asked confused. Wasn't that somewhere in a province?

"Yes. Canberra, Australia." I stared at Jennie with wide eyes.

"Australia??" She nodded and took mine and her suitcase in one hand each.

The two of us checked in by holding out the passes to the lady who let us in immediately afterwards.

When we got on the plane, we sat down in the places indicated. Luckily I got the window seat, so later I could look over the earth and this was one of my favorite activities.

Jennie sat right next to me, but after a few seconds she grumbled.

"What's the matter with you now?" She turned her head to look at me.

"Are you stupid or don't you see that my legs are totally crushed?" I snorted annoyed at her answer.

"Don't get bitchy right away..."

"With you nothing else works..." Confused, I looked at her.

"So just because I asked you what's going on, which by the way is a completely normal question, do you have to insult me ​​and mean that nothing else works for me?" I summarized her position just expressed.

"Yeah, just about."

"Oh, shut up, if you didn't constantly nag about everything, if you didn't always correct me and finally stopped acting like that, then I would probably be nicer too."

The good idiot was just about to answer when an old woman sat down on the last seat next to Jennie, since there were three in a row.

"Oh dear, a fight in paradise?" The old lady started, which made me and Jennie look at her in amazement.

"Excuse me, but I didn't understand you." Jennie spoke politely. Wow, a completely different side of her...

"You shouldn't treat your girlfriend like that and neither should you."

"It's not like-" The lady old lady interrupted me.

"Oh little girl, love is the most beautiful feeling in the world, it can last so long but it can also go by so quickly." The lady sighed and leaned back.

That was probably the end of the conversation, apart from the fact that Jennie and I weren't dating and I was itching to fix it, I didn't care much what the old woman had said. Love was nothing special and nothing that lasts long.

Love is unnecessary.