Chapter 66

JENNIE (a few hours before)

7 days. I hadn't heard from her for 7 days. I went into hiding with a good friend of my family. I didn't do much here. I slept, ate and talked to Thomas, the good acquaintance. It was boring and I felt my body screaming for a specific person. No matter what happened between us, no matter what I said, no matter what she said... I still loved her. And that feeling was killing me. 

When she told me she was pregnant with Damon... - I just couldn't think straight anymore. Lisa, my Lisa is supposed to have cheated on me with such an idiot? That just couldn't be true! 

I didn't want her to carry his child in her stomach, but mine. I should be the one, not Damon. I should be forming a family with her and growing old together, not Damon. 

"Jennie. Anthony is on the phone." I looked over at him in shock. He held my cell phone in his right hand. 

"Why did you answer it?!" I shouted angrily and took the cell phone from him. 

"Finally talk to them." Sighing loudly, I looked at my phone. He was already 32 seconds into it. Pushing away didn't help anymore... 

"Hello?" 

"Jennie! Fortunately!" 

"What do you want? I don't want to talk to you right now." 

"Jennie, it's about Bella. Rylie is here." 

"And?" 

"Jennie, please. Rylie is completely excited. But she doesn't want to tell me without you." I sighed. 

"Good, I'm on my way." I ended the call and put on my shoes in the hallway.

To be honest, I didn't care what Rylie had to say. Nothing could be that important. Finally, Bella was no longer here. So nothing could have happened to her. What drove me more was the thought of seeing Lisa again without her noticing that I was quite in love with her. She had simply hurt me too much for that. 

"Are you leaving?" Thomas asked. 

"Yes, it's about Bella. I don't know exactly what's so important, but Anthony sounded excited." Thomas nodded. 

Once outside I started walking. I didn't have it that far. Just 10 to 20 minutes maybe... I took a nervous breath as I stood right in front of the door. I had a key so I didn't have to ring the doorbell. I was nervous to look her in the eyes again. The eyes I hadn't seen in days. With one last deep pull, I opened the door. 

"Jennie!" Anthony called directly, came up to me and hugged me.

"Stop, you're crushing me." I said quickly before Anthony let go of me and beamed at me. 

"Jennie. It's been a long time." I heard Rylie say. 

"Rylie. What are you doing here?" I asked her neutrally. 

"Bella, it's important." 

I felt eyes on me so I looked towards the living room. There I saw the eyes that I had been missing so much. But before I could even blink, she hid behind the couch. That hurt. 

"Let's go up." I said before we went up the stairs. 

When I got to my room I immediately noticed something different. She had definitely been here often. Her scent was spread throughout the room. When Anthony and I sat down on the bed I noticed the shirt that was under the blanket I had made. She had slept here? How often? 

"Tell us, what's important?" Anthony asked straight away.

"Bella... you. Oh God, how can I say it?" 

"Rylie, calm down and try to say it in a structured way." I now spoke. Rylie began to breathe deeply. 

"Okay, so Bella... As you know, she died a few years ago." 

"Yes, I was there." I replied annoyed. 

"Yes, exactly. That's why the call a week ago completely blew me away." 

"What do you mean?" Anthony asked. 

"I-I couldn't believe it myself. I-I talked to her, guys! Bella is not dead. She is alive!" I stared into Rylie's eyes in disbelief. Was this supposed to be a joke?! 

"Impossible. She died before my eyes." 

"If you don't believe me, she told me she would come here. To see you again." 

"Rylie, you know you don't joke with that." I said a little annoyed.

"By God, Jennie! I'm begging you. Believe me. She is alive. You can get back together. Be happy again like before." 

"Be happy like before? Until now, Bella was dead!" Rylie hung her head. 

"I know..." I breathed in and out several times before looking at Rylie again. 

"Do you know when she will come?" 

"I can't tell you exactly." I nodded. We left my room and went down the stairs when Anthony suddenly stopped and I slammed into him. 

"What the-" I looked up from my shoes to see why Anthony stopped. A young blonde girl stood at the end of the hallway. 

"Bella?" 

"Hello, Jennie."